Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alligator Shoes

Posted by zkathy 7a NC (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 14:56

Did someone want to see Alligator Shoes? New this May from Green Mountain.
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alligator Shoes

its not very blue.. nor alligator-y ... i hope it matures properly for you ... even the new leaf isnt blue ...

was it bluer in spring???

is it in late afternoon sun/heat???

i presume that is drip irrigation so its not blasted with overhead water ... washing off the blue ...

ken

o

Here it is at the top in its bed with Silk Kimono, Alligator Alley and Sharp Dressed Man.
Kathy

o

The pic colors aren't very true. The Silk Kimono is greener and the Alligator Shoes is bluer than the pics show. SK is in the sunnier end of the bed.
Kathy

o

Awesome, Kathy. Love 'Alligator Shoes' and it's one of my top 10, maybe top 5 after seeing pics of Steve's and Myrle's (I think it was Myrle's).

Don B.

o

I'm thrilled to see these beautiful 'shoes. :)

It's one of now-20 I've put into new garden beds after 8 years in pots. This one is with 'Eye Declare,' 'Potomac Pride,' and one I can't ID anymore.

I look forward to it filling out next year, rather than having to struggle so badly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here