Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reporting Hosta saver rain !

Posted by leafwatcher zone 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 4, 12 at 15:45

I am hoping some of you got a little rain today.. I have been promising my niece I would take her kayaking, and its been so hot I thought we would try to slip out this morning. The minute we launched the boats the storm rolled in, and we waited in the van for an hour as it rained.. sometimes HARD. Unfortunately I was an hour South of my house, but I bet it drifted east and hopefully gave Trudy a good soaking, it also passed thru the area the flying frog hosta farm is at. I bet they are just burn't to a crisp this year..
Anyhow I hope as many of you as possible got some rain, when I checked the rain guage at home it was .5 inch so I didn't get a lot.. but its a start...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reporting Hosta saver rain !

We had a nice inch about a week ago, but that was about it for July.This can't possibly last for August too can it?
Jan

o

Getting some nice rain as we speak. Finally.

Karen

o

We cancelled our weekly visit to a local Six Flags for today, thunderstorms and flood watch is in the forecast. Around noon it will be 100% rain, later on 50 and 60%, so there should be some drops of water for my garden, hope the best.
Bernd

o

It thundered and lightninged and blew all around us, and stormed north and south, causing some damage but all we got was a few drops, until the whole stormy mess settled down and we got a half inch about 3 am. Cooler today and the poor wilted parched garden looks better but it wasn't nearly enough. So humid today you could wring water out of the air.

More, please!

Sandy

o

Nothing here yet. Looked like we might get something this morning, but now it is sunny. *sigh*

o

Yeah,same here. We are back to drought conditions,and there doesn't look like any relief in sight. I,for one am looking forward to fall,more than ever. Some hostas are already dormant,and more are joining them,with yellow leaves and falling down to the ground. There's always next year! Phil

o

Lance what a bummer on the rain in your garden. We had 2.25 inches of rain. Some wind and hail, but not enough to do damage. There were limbs down in town and damage done to a nursery.

Nice cool temps today also, 82* and down to 57* tonight. AC is turned off and getting a much needed rest. Going to warm up this week again.

We had showers of blessings from above!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here