Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valtorrez

What a difference a year makes

valtorrez
10 years ago

I moved in my house 5 years ago and quickly fell in love with making it look nice. My first year I started reading this site and started learning how to buy all different size and color hostas. However I could not predict weather and how storms would remove trees and change amounts of sun my hostas got. By this time every year they looked ragged. This year is the first year they all look as good as they looked in June. The rain we got this year and the nice weather has been a plus. I also tried a new irrigation that I learned from an old lady when I was growing up. At the beginning of spring I dug holes deep holes next to all hostas and water loving plants and buried water bottles next to each to help me better water them. Once or twice a week I watered my hostas that were in full St. Louis sun through bottles. Every last plant ( brim cup, June, fire and ice and minute man look great). I come home from my stress hospital job and sit in 3 season porch and reLax and look at my flower beds. I am going to end this post because I am superstitious and believe that when I talk about something too much a disaster is going to come. Last spring my husband was taking pics of yard and we had a hail storm that tore everything up lol.

Comments (3)