Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funnthesun

Let's see your golds with wide white borders!

I'm looking for a LARGE gold with a wide, white border. Delta Dawn is the first one that comes to mind, but I would love to see pics of others that you love, if you have them. Or even suggestions would be great. Not looking for a skinny border like Lakeside Cha Cha, but larger like Delta Dawn or somewhere in between would be fine, as well.

If you have mediums or smalls that you just love that fit the description, feel free to post a pic, just let me know that it's not a large and that would be appreciated.

So, let's see 'em! Thanks!

Comments (11)

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

This is my first year Moon Dance which will grow to be a medium-large hosta. This photo was taken after it rained. It may be too green for your taste, but it is two-toned as the new leaves come in; and the leaves will be rugose. I,m gonna love this one.

DD

{{gwi:1079415}}

• Kate1970
    9 years ago

Winter Snow comes to mind, will try to get a photo of mine. Mine gets some sun so its more gold in color than it is green. Delta Dawn is a great choice, its been on my list for a while now.

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

How about Sunshine Glory?
    This is my photo taken at Giboshihill Hostas:

Vanessa

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    9 years ago

This is my Sea Dream, dont know if the margins are wide enough for you but thought i would share anyway. It was in an "unhappy place" for several years and was tiny. I moved it three years ago under a limbed up evergreen. It went bonkers! This clump is 4 feet across now and about 16-18" tall. It looks gorgeous all season!

Sherry

• Kate1970
    9 years ago

Hosta American dream is 30X 20.

There is a streaked version of Delta Dawn if you are looking for something different, Delta Dawn Supreme.

Hosta Sea Dream is also another large white gold as well as Sea Beacon.

This post was edited by Kate1970 on Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 0:14

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Donna, I was eyeing Moon Dance on the auctions the last week or so. I do really like it and you're right, not quite yellow enough, but maybe it changes throughout the season? Not sure on that one. Yours is looking good.

Kate, ehhhhh, Winter Snow. Too green and not enough edge. I've seen those in person and they just don't do it for me. You're right, it's gonna be hard to beat Delta Dawn. American Dream looks nice, I'll do some research on that one. As well as Sea Beacon. I doubt Delta Dawn Supreme is readily available. Thanks for the suggestions!

Vanessa, I'd say Sunshine Glory is defin a contender! Nice!

Sherry, that Sea Dream is a beauty! Location is everything, isn't it?

• coll_123
    9 years ago

I've been trying to add that color combo for years...I lost both Delta Dawn and Sunshine Glory to winter neglect.

Two hostas I have that are medium green for me but would probably be more gold with more light ( I am pretty shaded) are June Moon and Lakeside April Snow.

June Moon

LAS

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oooooooh, Colleen, your Lakeside April Snow is very nice (like the grouping), but that June Moon takes the cake! Wow! Love the color on her. Thanks for sharing.

• hostahosta
    9 years ago

Sweet Innocence. Also fragrant flowers. Not sure if it is big enough to suit. Should get to about 18-20" high.

• hostahosta
    9 years ago

How about American Dream? I just got a division from my Mom, which is not worth posting. But check out the pics in the Hosta Library.

• Eleven
    9 years ago

I love that Sunshine Glory!

If you need a small, Lakeside Tee Ki has a similar coloring. In shade, it's a lovely pale green with wide creamy white margins. The cream will turn white with a little more sun.