Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostanista

Canadian Blue + Yankee Blue

hostanista
10 years ago

This all-Canadian girl had CANADIAN BLUE on her wish list and purchased it yesterday. And as I wandered the rows upon rows of hostas, all of a sudden YANKEE BLUE called my name. "HOSTANISTA!" she cried. I picked her up. Fell in love. Put it down because it wasn't on my list. To heck with the list. Picked her up again and bought her too.

A friend commented that I seem to be accumulating a fair share of American-themed hostas, whether by sheer coincidence or subconsciously, I'm not sure; it hasn't been deliberate. But she's right - I have Liberty, Patriot, Independence, American Halo, Pilgrim, American Hero, montana, montana Aureomarginata, Niagara Falls (although that one could be considered both American and Canadian), Richmond, and now Yankee Blue.

Well now. My maternal grandmother, long since passed, was born in upstate New York. I guess that makes this Canadian just a little bit Yankee.

Here is YANKEE BLUE still in her plastic pot but looking right at home tucked in a large dark blue planter. She's beautiful.

Post your Yankee Blues and Canadian Blues if you've got 'em!

This post was edited by Hostanista on Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 17:11

Comments (13)