Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Southern blight on The Razor's Edge

User
11 years ago

My plant is dead. It died a horrible death after looking so beautiful that I bought it a big fancy pot.

I think ignorance is bliss, because until I knew about Southern blight, it never struck my garden in all the years I've been digging the dirt. Now it took one of my favorites.

Here is The Razor's Edge (with Moonstruck beside it) in its glory days:

And here it is as of yesterday afternoon.

I am really disgusted with what happened to it. A couple of days before, it was fine. It isn't even as hot as it was. The rain had stopped for about two or three days, and I've been so busy with heavy duty garden chores that I failed to do my usual complete garden walkabout. Just cannot turn my back for a minute, something is ready to gobble up the hosta. Knowing that we are the last outpost of hostadom, I guess I should accept that some distease can come to stressed plants. It fills me with chagrin though. Maybe I'll become obsessive-compulsive like Monk, going around touching each plant to keep it safe.

Out it goes with the garbage. And I've ordered a new The Razor's Edge this morning from Hornbaker, where I got the first one. (Plus a few more to console me for the loss.)

I looked for the other Southern blight thread, and it fell off the edge of the world already.....

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting