Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luuk_gw

Sunday

luuk
9 years ago

I enjoyed to elaborate some pictures, hope you like it.

Comments (17)

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

Luuk, your photos are always unique. I like the blue/green effect. Plus most of the hosta are new to me. Thanks for sharing. What is the weather like in Switzerland today?

DD

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Thank you, Mr. Luuk. I enjoyed you enjoying elaborating some pictures. : )

Good rain here all day, the hostas are very happy.

Don B.

• mac48025 ( SE michigan)
    9 years ago

Other than kaleidochrome I've not heard of them and they are very nice. I really want Naked Lady. No surprise there. Seriously though, it's a sweet looking hosta. Not sure how vigorous it is with so much white in it. As always, great pics luuk.

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Donna and Don, this year we didn't have a real summer, it rained the whole time and also the temperatures was low. In some pots have grown mushrooms, ...hmm they will edible or hallucinogenic?

Here is a link that might be useful: Weather

• hostanista
    9 years ago

Wonderful photos as always. Love Pin Up. Never seen that one before. Great job!

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Ah, my friend, but halluncinogenic mushrooms ARE edible! Uh, or so someone told me that, I have no experience with such things...nope...never...Shame on you! ; (P

Don X.

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Mac, ...yes Naked Lady is not so vigorous but the color of the leaves that change throughout the season is fantastic, ...isn't this exciting? Lol

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Hostanista, Pin Up is an eye catching hosta, good growth, medium-large sized, ...super recommended !

Don, here's a Earth Angel pic with a small mushroom :-)

• hostatakeover swMO
    9 years ago

Luuk, great photos....LOVED Naked Lady, and Pin Up looks like cream is trickling down the leaf.

BTW, it also looks like your Earth Angel is sporting.

• User
    9 years ago

I'll take your word on PinUp. It looks like I could grow it too. Not too much white, and what is there is very distinctive. I also like Naked Lady, but know my limits with the white leaf.

Always, always, Luuk, you excel at lovely plants and outstanding photos. Appreciate your talents.

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    9 years ago

Great photos Luuk! The contrast you presented is really striking. Always enjoy seeing your photos.

• don_in_colorado
    9 years ago

Very interesting leaves on EA, Luuk. very nice.

Don B.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Very interesting photos, Luuk. What font are you using for the names? I like your font too!

-Babka

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all for your very kind and positive remarks.

I hope to get a sport from Earth Angel ...if will come back next year, I will make a division.

• luuk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Babka, I wrote the names of the plants with a brush on a shiny paper and then I made a scan. If you want to avoid this job I'll leave you a link where you can download fonts for free, there are nice handwritten fonts.
    Go to Themes>Script>Handwritten.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fonts

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Luuk- Thank for that link. Those are some really beautiful fonts from some very creative people. Like you! You certainly do know how to handle a brush.

-Babka

• mac48025 ( SE michigan)
    9 years ago

Love that EA sport, luuk. I hope it prospers for you. My wholesale perennial grower has 600 EA liners potted up. I'll be checking them for sports tomorrow !