Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Land of the Giants streaker order :)

Posted by Kate1970 7a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 18:09

Jeff Miller was a really great sport. I placed this order while I have been at home recovering from a concussion which has caused some short term memory issues along with other things. Needless to say he never once missed a beat or complained when I emailed him that I somehow ordered hosta Nancy Minks, when I really wanted Brave Attempt. Or when I told him 3 times I wanted Allan P. McConnell when I really wanted Allen C Haskell.

I more than likely would have lost patience with me if I were in his shoes. Not only was he super nice and accommodating, he even sent me a 'Dorothy Benedict' as a get well gift! Wow! Dorothy Benedict is the reason I got into hostas! I saw a picture of a fully grown DB and the rest is history.

I have read about Jeff Millers generosity with others on several occasions. I was fortunate enough to experience it first hand today. :)

Getting ready for a soak.

photo 20140814_163512.jpg

Sir Richard

photo 20140814_171219.jpg

Dorothy Benedict

photo 20140814_171343.jpg

Brave Attempt was already taped up.

photo 20140814_171519.jpg

Allen C. Haskell was also taped up before I remembered to get a photo.

photo 20140814_171623.jpg

And last but not least. Sea Prize, this might be my favorite one yet.

photo 20140814_171424.jpg

Another shot of Sea Prize temporarily propped up against some hellebores.

photo 20140814_163856.jpg

Any experience, photos, growing/light suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to get in the dirt tomorrow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Land of the Giants streaker order :)

First off, best of wishes to you and here's to a full and speedy recovery.

Secondly, I too have had great experiences with Jeff and love his great service and hosta's. You have a great selection there and now I'll have to add on to my land of the giants order next week ! Sir Richard is the only one I have from your order so I don't have any real advice for you. Good luck with your new additions and enjoy that beautiful gift from Jeff! I'm ordering Dorothy Benedict next week after seeing yours. Thanks go sharing.

o

Jeff Miller was a really great sport.

==>> i see what you did there. ... lol ...

sure he isnt a reversion???

ken

o

==>> i see what you did there. ... lol ...

sure he isnt a reversion???

'Splain Lucy, not sure what you mean. Type slowly please lol.

o

Mac thanks so much for the well wishes. I don't think you will be disappointed with DB. Here's hoping I can find a spot where she flourishes!

o

I added sea prize to my order also. I thank you......even if my pocket book doesn't!

o

Mac I don't believe you will be disappointed! This is so exciting, I like being an enabler! Usually I am the one drooling at everyone else's photo's while reaching for my debit card. :P

o

I can resist anything............except temptation. And you just had to tempt me with your hosta's! It's all good though. If I can pry Gunthers Prize and Blizzard from Jeff I'll really be happy.

o

Nice haul! It's always fun getting the box in the mail and going through the new goodies :)
Vanessa

o

Oh man I'll look forward to those pictures Mac, I have eyed both Blizzard and Gunthers Prize several times. I need more property/shade!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here