Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
don_in_colorado

New Challenge: It's an About FACE 2

don_in_colorado
9 years ago

Ha ha ha ha ha, we hit the max number of allowed postings in part 1. (150)

Congratulations, Hostanista! : )

Comments (25)

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Me in 2007 with a kitten I found in the parking lot of Home Depot. Still have him.

Don B.

• tepelus
    9 years ago

I didn't know the first thread existed. Here's one of me last October.

Karen

• mac48025 ( SE michigan)
    9 years ago

Nice cat don. My dog would love to meet it. Believe it or not he has a couple of neighborhood cat friends. Congrats on maxing out the original thread, it's a great idea.

• hostas_for_barb
    9 years ago

Don, love the kitty cat. I have two precious siblings that kind of wondered into our lives at 3 weeks old. My sister has a black one and a real soft spot for the black cats as they can be harder to find homes for. Looks like yours found a wonderful home and is quite content there!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    9 years ago

Below is a link to the old thread.

tj

Here is a link that might be useful: Face off

• Terri9094
    9 years ago

Nice Don--you changed your picture on the old thread!

• BungalowMonkeys
    9 years ago

Mac thank you for the compliment. Very handsome man yourself and your dog is adorable.

Don your cat is adorable as well. How many do you have? Or is that the same guy in your other pic?

Seeing all of your cute pets, had to post one of my little shadow. I've never been much of a dog person until we adopted her two years ago. She goes everywhere with me, just like one of the kids. Listens much better than they do and doesnt talk as much. The girls named her Roxy. Reminds me of a dingo with her crazy ears.

9 years ago

I love it. Your dog is beautiful bungalow monkey. Pets in the garden, sounds like a good idea for a thread! And thanks for the kind words even though I know you're just being nice. I'm so ugly that when I was born the doctor slapped my mother instead of my behind ! ;)

• luuk
    9 years ago

Mac, nice pic, ...your dog is very astute to hide with camouflage technique ...hehe

This is me and my dog in 2006, when both were young, ...now she have 15 years old.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

VERY fine examples of both species!!! ;-). That is a beautiful photo, Luuk!
    Whoever took that pic captured a special moment.

Josy :-)

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the link to the old thread, TJ.

Don B.

• arickrock
    9 years ago

Following the theme here.....

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have a total of three cats, Bungalowmonkeys. I found them all as strays. So, the cat in the other thread is a different black cat. This is Tommy. Found HIM as a kitten on Halloween night in 2007.

My wife calls me the Pied Piper of cats. I've found a few more strays since then, but it's pretty full at the inn, so they were adopted out by friends. Hate to see stray/lost animals, so I try to do something good about it when I see it. Either find their owners, or get them another home.

Don B.

9 years ago

At least you can remember when you were young luuk. Great pic and four legged friend. Gotta love the old soul dogs and at 15 yours certainly is. I wonder if there's a correlation between having a passion for gardening and loving animals. This thread is beginning to suggest as much. Maybe it's just a love of all living things.

That looks like a good time rickrock. Great pic.

Since this is a hosta forum here's a pic of a plant I'm liking a lot. Acer campestre 'Carnival' and a sport I found out of Titanic.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nice sport, Mac. I love the big-sized golds; None of mine are old enough to be biggies yet, though.

A had an August Moon I found at a local nursery a couple years ago with 22 eyes poking up out of the pot. It turns out it was virused, so I transplanted it to a bigger container. That was a bummer.

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 12:56

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

Here are my three fur baby rescues. Wills and Kate (the two himalayans) were found walking the streets of Philly while Candi was a "free kitty" to a good home.

{{gwi:1081271}}

{{gwi:1081272}}

DD

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Freddie finally outgrew this, but it kept him entertained for a couple years.

Don B.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Could this be why I have little rabbit trouble in the garden? Cujo hasn't outgrown this; I hope he never does. I know, I know... I don't exactly encourage it, but about all I can do is vaccinate him and take his rabbit kill away from him if I see him with one, after I take an adorable pet pic LOL (Mice and voles, bon appetite, he can KEEP 'em). He gets a 'Good Boy!' when he kills a vole!

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 16:07

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I had this Earth Angel doing rather poorly, but it was sporting some yellow. I potted it up to baby it for a bit. The yellow is now dying off, while the regular leaves are doing OK. Grrrrr...

9 years ago

Did you have the pot on the driveway? :)

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

They say that Van Wade removes all the eyes except the sport. That way it has a good root system.

I haven't had any sports, so can't attest to whether it works or not.

bk

• in ny zone5
    9 years ago

bkay, I also read about Van Wade doing that, though left a few mama leaves on, and used that technic on my center variegated streaker sport.
    Don, I am growing 3 'Earth Angels' in 3 different locations. They are very slowly increasing, if at all, in different light and soils. Others here showed well grown EAs.
    Bernd

9 years ago

My earth angel had grown like mad. I planted it last year and it's about 42" already. Being out of blue angel I'm not surprised.

• don_in_colorado
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, lookee THAT Earth Angel, Mr. Showoff!

Seriously, that's awewsome, Mac.

Don B.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    9 years ago

Ok, Mac...I've just gotta ask......now that my jaw is back in place....
    do you happen to fertilize your hostas? Or offer them tequila? Or beer? Lol

You have some of the most beautiful, not to mention l a r g e hostas I've seen!