Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandysoil_2008

Cochato Sale This Weekend

Cochato Nursery in Holbrook, MA is having a Labor Day Sale. Thirty per cent off everything - August 29th to September 2nd. I'll be there on Saturday!

Comments (10)

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Even I have heard of the legendary Cochato Nursery. It's 2,026 miles from my house. If I leave now, I'll be there on Saturday, too!

Don't tempt me, there is only one place I'd currently buy hosta from in my area, and I already have 23 'Guacamole'! (Their selection sucks) ; P

Enjoy hosta-shoppin', I'll be there in spirit : )
    Don B.

• bragu_DSM 5
    10 years ago

don

what is it with you and the number 23?

is that your go to number?

is it your birthday?

was that yur SAT score

the significance of 23?

now i can understand 42....

*hitch hikers guide reference*

or monte python ... number 21, the larch

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randyrathbun/368983608

but 23?

hey, dave, I'll bet don didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition ...

The Spanish Inquisition?

ÃÂ.ÃÂ --~

dave

This post was edited by bragu on Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 9:34

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

I didn't know I had a thing for the number 23...Have I been using it repeatedly or something, Dave? Or are you just messin' with me? ; P

Don B. (Rhymes with '23'...what the...)?

• bragu_DSM 5
    10 years ago

just was wondering if that was an ACTUAL physical count of guac plants, or a number you arbitrarily inserted to say that you had a bunch.

Me, I'd have said ... "nearly two dozen" ... to make you think about it, and use your fingers and toes ... and discover you don't have enough digits ... unless you use the ken tool ... tape ...

But I digress ... again

ÃÂ.ÃÂ --~

dave

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

LOL gotcha...Yessir, was out watering yesterday and counted 'em up...23 of 'em...Should make a nice stink when they get a bit bigger.

Don B.

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Picked up Smokey OS, Grand Slam, Ginsu Knife, Kaleidachrome, Lemon LIme, and Brutus (cuz I needed a big one). Smokey was a lovely little thing that I'd never seen before. It's supposed to be a sibling to Marilyn Monroe and Candy Dish. Every person who came in today, left with a pot of Smokey. It's named for another of Alex Summers' dogs.

Steve

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Nice, Steve.

Don B.

• sandysoil_2008 6A Near Boston
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I'm off to Cochato. Steve, now I need to check out Smokey and Kaleidachrome. Both aren't on their latest hosta list.

• sandysoil_2008 6A Near Boston
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I had absolutely no restraint this time. I have no where to plant my haul so unless I can make a bed this fall then I'm going to have to overwinter them.

I bought

{{gwi:1081688}}

Regal Splendor, Plantaginea Doubled Up, Strip Tease
    Designer Genes, Rhino Hide (thanks newhostalady) and Smokey (thanks Steve)

And

{{gwi:1081689}}

White LIne Fever and Summer Breeze

And
    {{gwi:1081690}}

Kaleidachrome (thanks Steve) and Montana Hida-no-hana

I talked to Rick Goodenough today - the creator of White Line Fever - nice guy and very knowledgeable!

Sheila

This post was edited by sandysoil_2008 on Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 16:40

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Cool, thanks for the pics. So THAT is 'White Line Fever'. A pic I saw that said WLF was mislabeled, it was a totally different plant. I like the real one much more.

Don B.