Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cerveza...

Posted by Don_in_Colorado 6a (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 19:08

Mocc, I think my Cerveza is eating voles or something! It's quickly catching up to my Fried Bananas. Vigorous is not the word.

Mojito is also growing like crazy! Unlike my Fried Green Tomatoes...

Don B.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cerveza...

Cathedral Windows is doing well...

o

Mojito on June 9th. Leaves are already BIG.

Don B.

o

• Posted by Dgregory 6A - So.Central IL (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 19:23

Pretty color combinations on your hosta beds, Don.
I picked up Cathedral Windows last week to replace a vole eaten Stained Glass. I think I'm going to like it!

o

I got a new Cathedral Windows this year from Hallson's. It's sitting right by Squash Casserole and taking the Texas sun like a champ. I did see one burned edge, but it's Texas and it's August.

I got an Avocado this spring as well, I'm looking forward to these two next year.

I think they are both still photo worthy. I'll check and add if they are.

bk

o

• Posted by mbug 6 NJ (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 20:01

Looking good _in_Colorado!

o

Don, what is the name of the yellow one with small green margin, behind Mojito? Very pretty, and bright.

Terri

o

What a little bruiser that Cervesa is! It'll terrorize your garden when it's mature.

Kathy

o

Terri, that's my very young Stained Glass. Should have a good leap next spring. Got it from Hallson Gardens last summer.

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 13:03

o

BKay, that is the Sugar and Cream you gave me up in the left corner next to Stained Glass. First leaf flush got hit by hail, but it's looking really good now having gotten it's second flush. It's sending up scapes at this time. Thanks again for sharing.

Don B.

o

The Shining is finally starting to look like something, having been set back by two seasons' worth of leaf damage. Should be a good one; Mocc's is as yellow as corn.

Don B.

o

Avocado on the left. Cathedral Windows on the right. I like 'em both but CW always has much brighter color in the center of it's leaves.

Don B.

o

Don, you have a keen eye for color placement which isn't always easy to achieve, but has a major impact in the garden. Two descriptives that impress me when selecting a plant are "vigorous" and "fast growing" at this stage of my life. I love the yellow and blue combination, too.

DD

o

Thanks, DD, but I must say, as long as the fragrants are growing and looking healthy, I find it hard to make them clash too much. They all seem to complement each other. I AM glad I planted them together in the same bed; Very happy with the look, not to mention the scent over there : )

Thanks for looking!
Don B.

o

• Posted by bragu 5a DSM (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 16:03

don, you are going to have to move things in the next couple years, unless you want them to be all touchy feely, which i happen to like.

lookin' good

dave

o

Thanks, Mr. Dave. 'Touchy feely' could be an option. Guess we'll see how it all grows out.

Don B.

o

You're right, Don. The Shining is such a bright hosta, it really lights up the shade. Mine got a little hail damage early on in the season, but it's rebounded nicely.
20140525_094617.jpg

By the way, Cerveza rocketed to my wish list, thanks to your pics. I, too, am a sucker for anything related to Guacamole. :)

o

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, Funn. Your Shining looks great.

Glad to enable for the fragrants.

Don B.

o

Thanks, Don. I had Stained Glass for a couple of years. Had planted it originally under a maple & it wasn't growing. Potted it up last summer & it did wonderful! Lost it this spring to crown rot, along with my Avocado. Now, I know, I have to replace them both!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here