Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donrawson

At last...a mole trap that really works!

donrawson
10 years ago

Throw away all of your other mole traps and get one that really works! I've been using the Mole Eliminator for two seasons and haven't missed a mole yet. I used the other types for years- the one with spikes and the choker type. They always got triggered but usually the mole got away. No good.

This one really, really works. It's unbelievable! I have not had a single misfire with this trap yet...it's the best mole trap I've ever used, bar none. And it's super easy to set...just push it into the ground and step on it. Get one and try it- you won't regret it! Better yet, buy two or three...save on shipping and set a couple as soon as you see a mole run in your yard.

Website for the Mole Eliminator trap

I bought my traps from Rural King

Comments (32)

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

I don't really care about moles , it's the voles that I want to kill

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

You ain't kidding, HH. That statement deserves a duplicate post!

Don B.

• jamie81
    10 years ago

That really is the best mole trap. Someone? posted about it last summer, and we went out and bought one. We were catching huge moles. I had no idea they got that large. My husband was getting a couple each day.

Moles have been a huge problem in my yard for twenty years. They tore up the lawn, the gardens, everything. The weird thing is that this year we have not seen one mole.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

looks like tractor supply has it also ....

ken

• jamie81
    10 years ago

That's where we bought it. Tractor Supply.

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

Thank you, Ken, good to know about.

• hostafreak
    10 years ago

Moles are not a problem here. The only place they dig.is in my garden paths.and I just tromp them back down flat! Voles are not really a big problem,since outdoor cats roam the woods;not my cats,but someone elses! I have found two dead voles around the property this year. Good kitties! Phil

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Yup Phil, if you found two, that means they got many more than that. 'Good kitties' indeed.

Don B.

• leafwatcher
    10 years ago

Thats the trap I have been using and recommending to friends, its a killin machine. I have one friend that did so well with his he sort of was disappointed when he got all the molesl. He said he missed checking his trapline . ;)

• sidney1515
    10 years ago

Don. .I've been using this one for three or four years and it is the best trap I have ever used bar none. If it triggers, it's caught something. . it's never failed here. even in loose soil. Not sure but I think I've seen it at TSC and Rural King.
    Amazon has it on sale:

Here is a link that might be useful: Mole trap

• User
    10 years ago

How about a fly trap?
    From the archives of Popular Mechanics comes this. Blow it up a bit to read it.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Flytrap: I like that you can BURN it after use!!

Don B.

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

Against moles I have used a spring loaded spike trap for at least 20 years. Works all the times. Otherwise spreading Grubex will kill the food for moles, so they will not come in the first place. For other tunnelers I serve free poison pellet meals into their holes, works also. Bernd

• User
    10 years ago

Don, I noticed the "burn" too. How to dispose of flies in a paper trap --- in a culturally correct manner --- has sure changed since these instructions were written.

Wonder if burning disposed of the flies better....

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

DON IS THE MAN ,..,, !!!!!!

on his recommendation alone.. i ran out and bought this thing.. the saturday morning i read this ...

chalk two up for me..

and it looks like about 90% of my problem is gone ... i figured i had a hundred of them out there ....

took me about 5 days of learning how to set it properly... mostly because of my sand.. and the tension of the spring setting .... and grass vs on sand alone ... [they dug right under it.. if there wasnt sod to trigger the spring]

now i wish there were more around...

i might go knocking on doors ... lol

ken

• tepelus
    10 years ago

Our whole town is infested with the darn things. I need to go out and get one of these traps. Hey Ken, you can come here and trap to your hearts delight. lol

Karen

• User
    10 years ago

Hire your trap out, or buy in bulk and sell them to neighbors. As a demonstration, carry a picture of you holding your trap with the evidence still caught, and you standing in front of your house, smiling of course.

And Ken, yeah, get em this year because their relatives and offspring will be looking for a nice available garden next spring.

• ci_lantro
    10 years ago

Based on Don's posting, I headed off to Tractor Supply and bought one of these traps, too. Took me a couple-three tries to get it set right (make sure the trigger is straight down, not off at an angle). I've caught a few moles before in rat traps baited with peanut butter...but this was my first ever mole caught in a mole trap. (Never had any luck with those spike traps.) We have super sandy soil also & I wasn't so sure that it would work...made sure to set in over a run that had good sod coverage. Disappointed that I'm seeing no new evidence of moles. :(

• donrawson
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I've never caught so many moles as what I've caught this summer. These things really work. In fact, last week was the first time the trap fired without actually catching the mole. I've got good loamy topsoil...not sand...and I stick the forks in the ground over a mole run...and step on it and wiggle it back and forth with my foot...then walk away. I've got several traps and I set them all as soon as I see a fresh tunnel. These things are super!

• User
    10 years ago

Don, that is as fine a testimonial as I've ever read.

It is a really great gadget, and I'm about to order one myself. Leave it to DH to deploy it and dispose of the prey.

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

seriously if I have a lawn I would worry about moles,

but since I don't I only care about voles

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

• bragu_DSM 5
    10 years ago

ken:

you need to wrap some TAPE around that doo-hickey next to the whatchamacallit... makes it easier to clean

ÃÂ.ÃÂ --~

dave

• MaryKay2014
    9 years ago

The sonic mole exterminator is only drawing more and more holes, trails, and even the device is humped up from the moles going all around it. Doesn't seem to work for me. Any other product suggestions. The holes are so many it's hard not to step in them.

• hostatakeover swMO
    9 years ago

Lol! Tried that sonic one and had trails leading straight to it, then all around it. It called them in!

We went through 4 different kinds of mole traps/repellents before finding that one on the OT. Really worked great last year, now this year we can't seem to catch anything. Not sure if the moles smartened up or we dumbed down.

• leafwatcher
    9 years ago

Yeah I used to feel like a mountain man, roaming the wilds collecting beaver skins... Then My mole trap cleaned out the problem and just have a lonely set of ruthless sheers setting on the shelf at Moms place....

• trudy_gw
    9 years ago

We got the mole trap per leafwatchers advise.

We have caught a lot of moles with this trap.

Two in two days this week! Hoping we get cleaned out and ours can sit on a shelf, but dont think this will happen. Always a mole around

Thanks Lance!

• User
    9 years ago

Yep, Leafwatcher is liberated and tilting at windmills every day now. Where to next? We've gone from rabbit-eating hosta to mole snappin trappin hosta.

Were you watching that ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOS again?

Here is a link that might be useful: Attack of the Killer Tomatos (trailer)

• Patty McNamara
    7 years ago

Will it work in a mulched flower bed? Thanks!!

• Diana 6a Texas
    7 years ago

I don't have moles...but we get skunks!

Two weeks ago I trapped baby skunk in my garden. Also catched homeless cat that was using hosta bed as a bathroom. Both were released in the prairie far from home:)