Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharing my new garden

Posted by Hostanovice none (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 20:05

Just sharing a pic of a portion of my new treasures! Anybody recognize any of these beauties?!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharing my new garden

I'm wondering if the light coloured one on the left side that is scaping is Eye Declare? Maybe someone else with more experience will comment. Mine is scaling right now.
Beautiful garden!

o

really ... lol ...

that might be a frances williams or one of her clones in there ...

good luck figuring out which one... lol ...

ken

o

The one Ken may be referring to I think is in the center but a little to the top of the picture. It is a blue/green in the center with a chartreuse margin. Could you provide a close up of that one?
It looks like it might have a gold leaf hiding in there. I have a Tokudama Flavocircinalis that looks a lot like your pic. Long strange name but it is a beautiful hosta. Last year while I was trying to ID it I found a couple of corrugated gold leaves. Turns out Toku. Flav. is known to produce the sport Golden Bullion. So if you have a few gold leaves in there with their own eye? it might be Toku. Flav. sporting Golden Bullion. I separated GB this year and hoping it will survive.

o

oh barb.. you're no fun.. telling her which one... lol ...

ken

o

So sorry Ken - she has found a sympathetic Hosta newbie. LOL. I am always thrilled to positively identify one of my hosta noids and I am slowly wittling down my list. Can't imagine facing that size of a garden.

o

I didn't really expect anybody to try to start identifying my plants from this pic, there must be 40 different ones in this picture!! But I do sincerely appreciate the effort, I will look into those Barb - thank you! By the way, I am a dude! Wondering why so many got the impression that I am a female?! My wife will be joining me in this hosta adventure but since she is about 3 weeks away from having our 2nd child she hasn't been too enthusiastic about spending time in our garden!!

o

LOL, sorry Hosta 'Dude'. I questionned the 'she' as I typed but just kept going. I'm sure your wife will supply hosta support somewhere down the line.
Congratulations on the expected new arrival.
My boys are both in their twenties now so I have more time to devote to gardening.
So far all of my 'in person' hosta fanatics are women but I am learning that men can be just as passionate about their hosta here on the forum.
Barb

o

My 4yr old is excited to go slug hunting with a spray bottle of ammonia and water. Training them young as I will need help with this garden!

o

Hostanovice, I guess more congrats are in order...a new house and a new baby! How exciting! That's the spirit - start with the kids when they are young. :-). I caught the "gardening" bug from my mother, and the " love-the-smell-of-good-soil" bug from my father...when we grew vegetables for a living....just can't keep me out of my garden!

Much happiness and joy in your new surroundings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here