Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Do your Hosta look tired about now?

meyermike_1micha
10 years ago

Mine look like they just want to get over with growing...

The leaves use to look so pristine and colorful, now they are looking beat up, tired, browning, and holy..

What about yours?

Thank you

Mike

Comments (11)

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Yep. Most of mine look like they are winding down, and mine have been up since March. Tired they look, and indeed, and so do I!! I have the August blahs. Although I discovered one year that even though the tops are looking pooped, they are growing roots like crazy for next Spring. ;-)

-Babka

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Mine aren't looking too bad. Not as hot here as most years, that's probably why.

Don B.

• flower_frenzy
    10 years ago

Most of mine are still looking good. A few of them are looking ratty from constant slug attacks, though. For me, it seems like the thinner the leaves are, the sooner the looks start to go downhill. Most of my thin-leaved ones will look pretty tired by the end of this month.

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

I got hit by a rainstorm about a month ago that so messed my babies up. I spoke in tongue when I discovered it. I too have had a cooler summer due to being overcast most days (with rain, yea). Some are still out in full sun. A couple with lighter centers are starting look a little haggard. Outside of rain damage I would say I do not look too bad. I am waiting on my second flush of the season.

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Garden is still looking good in shady areas. Late start to spring certainly doesn't hurt. Here's a pic from 2 weeks ago that I'm using for wallpaper.

Paul

• DelawareDonna
    10 years ago

Most of mine are still looking pretty perky due to the frequent rains we've had in DE. Also, I have NO slugs (just what you want to hear (ha) and minimum insect damage - so consider myself lucky.

DD

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

Must b a zone 4 thing, eh MN Paul? We have 2 wait a lot longer to start enjoying, but get 2 extend into Sept most recent years, though 'round here there are numerous signs of an early fall/winter.

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

Must b a zone 4 thing, eh MN Paul? We have 2 wait a lot longer to start enjoying, but get 2 extend into Sept most recent years, though 'round here there are numerous signs of an early fall/winter.

• Eleven
    10 years ago

A few of mine look tired, but most of them look really good this year due to all the extra rain we've had. Much, much better than the last two hot and dry summers.

• hostafreak
    10 years ago

I'm with Babka,on this. Mine have been up since March also,and they are looking a little bad,with some of the early risers already gone. The ones I brought down from Kens are still good,as they think they're still on Michigan time! Lol! All that,and the rain has decreased a lot,is making them look a little peaked. Phil

• mosswitch
    10 years ago

My hostas have been loving all the rain we've been having, and even the ones that were looking pretty sad are getting new leaves and perking up some. The cooler weather doesn't hurt, either. No slugs to speak of this year, the turtles are really doing their jobs. My last foray looking for slugs found exactly 5 among all the hostas! Pillbugs haven't slowed down much, tho.

Sandy