Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chuck Plemmons Perennials

Posted by jbranch 7B Alabama (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 08 at 20:43

If you are ever near Spartanburg, South Carolina, and you happen to be a hosta freak, look for Chuck Plemmons Perenials (www.hostaman.com). I was there visiting relatives and we paid him a visit. He has some hard to find hostas, hundreds to choose from, and they were in great shape. Here in the Birmingham area, most hostas at nurseries don't look so good this time of year. His looked like they had been cared for. I got H. Robert Frost (at left in photo below) and H. Stained Glass.

SC hostas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chuck Plemmons Perennials

Oh Jeff love that stained glass.
Jill

o

I have ordered from him before and expecting my new order to arrive next week- excellent roots, great to deal with person and prices are very reasonable.

o

finally got my order today. As usual hostas are just great, out of 13 hostas only one was one eyed, many were so multi eyed and long rooted that I could have split it in four and still plant out nicely. Stilletto for a freebie...
Wanted to take pics but am warring with my hubby for the camera.
Bad part- garden is chock full ;(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here