Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this Paradigm?

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 20:59

Impulse buy. It was so bright and golden looking--and healthy and vigorous. The tag said Paradigm--I recognized the name as a respected hosta, but when I looked it up online, most of the pics didn't look quite like mine. Mine is kind of a dull golden chartreuse-green with very slightly darker green edging--my photo doesn't capture the colors too accurately, but that was the best I could do. However, my hosta doesn't have little bumps on it (texture), but maybe that is because it is still young?

It has been in my garden, in the ground, for about 6-8 weeks.

How does my Paradigm compare to yours?

Thanks,

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this Paradigm?

This Is my Paradigm. It is probably 4 or 5 years old

o

My Paradigm in full sun 5 or 6 years old. Ignore the lily leaves.

o

How old is it? If it's young, it could be anything. It has not gained it's mature look. They can look quite different when they are young. We may have to wait until then to ID it.

It looks more gold to me. It reminds me of Gold Standard, a young Paul's Glory or something like that.

For me, Paradigm stays a beautiful light green all season. It never looks gold.

bk

Here's my Paradigm in August of last year.

o

bkay, you may be right about the colour. My Paradigm is in full sun and it's leaves aren't that bleached white that Paul's Glory, Gold Standard, and my June have attained.

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 0:12

Very possibly a young Paradigm. Patience.

-Babka

o

It's "mature look," eh? OK, I'll hang onto that for awhile --cuz it still doesn't look quite like Paradigm yet to me. Hope it grows up to look like one of the beauties posted here.

I'm inclined to say it is not Gold Standard. I used to grow one for years, and it doesn't quite look like it, in my eyes.

Thanks, everybody, for the input. Maybe next year I can post a more recognizable pic of it. In the meantime, it is interesting looking anyway. : )

Kate

o

I love my Paul's Glory. I might even like it more than Paradigm. Time will tell.

bk

This spring after a rain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here