Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Is this Paradigm?

Impulse buy. It was so bright and golden looking--and healthy and vigorous. The tag said Paradigm--I recognized the name as a respected hosta, but when I looked it up online, most of the pics didn't look quite like mine. Mine is kind of a dull golden chartreuse-green with very slightly darker green edging--my photo doesn't capture the colors too accurately, but that was the best I could do. However, my hosta doesn't have little bumps on it (texture), but maybe that is because it is still young?

It has been in my garden, in the ground, for about 6-8 weeks.

How does my Paradigm compare to yours?

Thanks,

Kate

Comments (7)

• sunnywood4bChazyNY
    9 years ago

This Is my Paradigm. It is probably 4 or 5 years old

• hostas_for_barb
    9 years ago

My Paradigm in full sun 5 or 6 years old. Ignore the lily leaves.

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

How old is it? If it's young, it could be anything. It has not gained it's mature look. They can look quite different when they are young. We may have to wait until then to ID it.

It looks more gold to me. It reminds me of Gold Standard, a young Paul's Glory or something like that.

For me, Paradigm stays a beautiful light green all season. It never looks gold.

bk

Here's my Paradigm in August of last year.

• hostas_for_barb
    9 years ago

bkay, you may be right about the colour. My Paradigm is in full sun and it's leaves aren't that bleached white that Paul's Glory, Gold Standard, and my June have attained.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

Very possibly a young Paradigm. Patience.

-Babka

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's "mature look," eh? OK, I'll hang onto that for awhile --cuz it still doesn't look quite like Paradigm yet to me. Hope it grows up to look like one of the beauties posted here.

I'm inclined to say it is not Gold Standard. I used to grow one for years, and it doesn't quite look like it, in my eyes.

Thanks, everybody, for the input. Maybe next year I can post a more recognizable pic of it. In the meantime, it is interesting looking anyway. : )

Kate

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

I love my Paul's Glory. I might even like it more than Paradigm. Time will tell.

bk

This spring after a rain.