Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today's IDs

Posted by Hostanovice none (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 21:17

What is this large hosta? It's about 3 - 3.5 ft tall and I have a lot of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's IDs

And this little light green one

o

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 21:53

The first one might be Krossa Regal. Mine are blooming right now. Were they more blue earlier in the year?

The second one reminds me of Fire Island, especially with the bleached leaves. Some people don't seem to have this issue, but mine has the tendency.

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 23:06

Looking at the leaves on the first one, I see a lot of solid & variegated leaves. I'm wondering if it was a variegated hosta that sported to all solid color and that took over the plant...OR...an all all solid blue that has a few sporting leaves. How long has the plant been in that location? Do the variegated leaves all come from one eye?

-Babka

o

Sorry for the confusion, I should have taken a different/better pic! The variegated leaves are pretty much just confined to this plant, all the others I have that are the same are solid color so ID should be based on the solid color only. Thanks!!

o

the solid plant.. is a 5 dollar plant...

the streaker is a 50 to 100 dollar plant...

you should be more interested in the streaker ...

get us pix of it ...

if the solid is KR ...

then compare the streaker to regal promenade ...

ken

o

Hostanovice,

Your second gold hosta looks a lot like my Little Black Scape. Not good at the ID game yet but thought I'd take a stab.

BTW, happy belated birthday- Friday, August 8-hope it was a good one!

This post was edited by irawon on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 11:42

o

Ken, you have my attention! Here's a closeup with reference with others of the plant in question.

o

Another. The streaked leaves are from the same side of the plant but not the same eye.

o

Anither

o

Here up is another KR with similar streaking.

o

Here is the last plant amongst other KR with all solid leaves

o

Ken - thoughts?

o

Ken???

I see that the Land Of the giants is selling a KR sport with creamy white streaking in the leaves for $60. So do plants of the same cultivar typically sport the same thing when they chose to do such a thing?? Just curious if I have the same thing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here