Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madplanter1

Back with "Joy Ride"

MadPlanter1 zone 5
10 years ago

Visited In the Country, and I was so good; left with only Joy Ride, Lakeside Prophecy Fulfilled and a hosta sign. Deeply and seriously coveted Cool as a Cucumber, Devil's Advocate and Frank Lloyd Wright, but also knew the van was due for a brake job. As it turned out, the battery died Monday, and the Wednesday brake job also involved replacing rotors and wheel bearings, so I'm glad I behaved.

Love the two I did get and can't wait to see them all grown up. They had some really nice new hostas, not huge, but a good size considering they just came out. Joy Ride has three eyes! It looks like it's going to be a lovely mass of blue ripples someday.

Comments (5)

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LS Prophecy Fulfilled is very pretty already. I'll have to give them both extra protection from the local critters.

• jadie88
    10 years ago

Very cool! L Prophecy Fulfilled looks amazing. I'm glad I have no such tempting local suppliers...I'm too weak these days to resist!

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

You will enjoy LS Prophecy Fulfilled. It is one of my favorites. Joy Ride looks like a charmer too.

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Lakeside Prophecy Fulfilled (3rd yr)

Paul

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Looks lovely, Paul. Can't wait for mine to look like that.

I only wish In the Country was local. Fortunately for me, both our mothers live in a neighboring town, so I can visit them and get my hosta fix at the same time.

I really meant to take photos of the new introductions, even had the camera around my neck. I was so busy ooing and ahing I completely forgot pictures. Cool as a Cucumber is gorgeous, green with lots of white on arching leaves. Royal Wedding didn't look like much yet, but the white edges will get bigger and I bet it's wonderful as it matures. I didn't really look at Flash Forward, since it only came with a collection. Someone commented in a thread on Virginia Reel (which ITC also had) that he thought the new introductions might be tiny liners. All of them were a good size. I picked up Bridal Falls there in May, and it has been vigorous. Moved it from the 2 qt. container it came in to a 1 gallon, and it has roots coming out the bottom of the pot now. Very happy with the stuff I've gotten there - maybe a little more expensive but worth it.