Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A sport of Fickle Blue Genes

Posted by smithstudios71 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 21:55

Here is one that makes me very happy. I bought a large H. Fickle Blue Genes earlier in the year and split it with a lady in town. We each ended up with two divisions. This is what one of my divisions is starting to become. The other still looks like FBG.

photo b0594b01-94c7-4748-a6b8-9c14e6233518_zpsd5b09247.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A sport of Fickle Blue Genes

You picked the right half :)

o

not if he wanted a streaked breeder like FBJ ...

i was wondering who was selling that one ...

lots of white in that enter.. sublime.. but i wonder how growable it is ... looks like many a GE that i killed ... white-wise

ken

o

He said he still has a division of Fickle Blue Jeans so this is just a bonus :)
Vanessa

o

I know Bev Stegman has or had a very nice medio-sport of 'Fickle Blue Genes' that was a large multi division plant....not sure if she ever done anything with it, but I can ask

o

Hi Devon! That is a terrific division of FBJ! I hope it grows good and strong for you! Just feed it your biotone and it will be doing cartwheels in no time!
Beauty!

o

That one started as an eye with a single small leaf and has gained that much since June. I will get a picture of the other section I kept, I just put it in a 2 gallon pot.

I happened to fall into a lot of really good luck and ended up with some nice breeders and a few that are not in many gardens.

Here is a picture of a leaf from some Mister Red Genes that I bought.
 photo MRG_zpsdd4f8e24.jpg

It has been a really good summer for my hosta addiction.

o

Sweet-looking sport there, Devon. Best of luck with it.

Don B.

o

Here is the other piece of my FBG. It is in a 2 gallon pot with some Sea Prize and Colorful Sister behind it and a pot of my all green So Sweet and Pebbled Jade under it to the left.

photo IMG_20140823_112605_651_zps795fcc70.jpg

Like I said before, it has been a really good summer for me as far as Hostas are concerned!

o

That FBG sport is sensational! Keep us posted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here