Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Slugs, bugs, hail and drought? This hosta can take it all!

Posted by nutmeg4061 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 22:14

Found on Pinterest and gave me a chuckle. I guess you could also paint it green :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Made of Cement w/ Steel Rods

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Slugs, bugs, hail and drought? This hosta can take it all!

Nutmeg, that's priceless! How clever too! I wouldn't mind one of these at all!
Thanks for the chuckle!

o

Oh my gosh. That's really interesting and would make a great conversation piece! I notice no prices are mentioned on their site. But their site is being updated. I found more pictures on the attached link.

Here is a link that might be useful: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Concrete-Botanicals/134568176746401?ref=stream

o

Very unique. I like it a lot!

DD

o

Those petioles actually will turn red when the steel rusts. Only upkeep is to remove weeds and spray paint it every few years.

o

Ha! I guess you could paint it any way you'd like. How would you go about registering that bad boy? ;)

o

LOL Bernd! Red petioles!

Don B.

o

Let's see the deer rip THOSE leaves off!!

Don B.

o

I've been thinking about this idea since I posted it.
I'm now considering an attempt at this, something like a Blue Mouse Ears size, using powdered concrete coloring so the color would last forever. Hmmm...........

o

They probably used galvanized steel rods though, no rust, but still can spray paint the petioles red.

o

Love this idea .Will try these soon . Myrle , this will be our next project while Judy is visiting

o

After my husband on the rampage to kill all the burdock weeds I am now on the hunt at the neighbours for the largest leaves I can find. I was trying for a coffee table but ran out of just portland cement and finished it off with quikcrete so broke in half . Lucky it was right down the center so ended up with two the same. Approx 2 1/2 ft leaves. Fun easy project . Now working on carving a house # plaque

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here