Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jadie88

Looking at 'Made You Look'

jadie88
10 years ago

Anyone have photos of 'Made You Look?' It has caught my eye, but its on the pricey side, so I thought I'd ask for your pic/opinions first. Thanks!

Comments (9)

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

I just picked one up ( posted under before s/afters) ...looking green right now as it grew in full shade at supplier...I like the eventual subtle two-tone look...let's hope someone comes up with a mature one :-)

• jadie88
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah, Jo, it's that subtle, ruffled margin that gets me. I like Emerald Ruff Cut for the same reason, but I've read here that it is very prone to desiccation. I have Satisfaction and Seducer, both fantastic with the wavy margins, but Im still drawn to that subtle fade effect.

I thought Made You Look emerges yellow, not green...I guess I haven't really done my homework!

10 years ago

Here's a pic of my MYL. Not what I was expecting to see when I asked for it ... but Cindy assured me the green was due to it being in too much shade, then pointed out the left leaf going lighter...walked me over to the specimen growing in the garden...I guess I was reassured since I now own it . . . Lol

Unlike you, I did NO homework on this one...have no idea what it looks like when it emerges. . . lol...only saw a pic and couldn't resist its appeal!!!...btw, I really like your Seducer-a beauty!

• timhensley
    10 years ago

I have 2 MYL 's growing in full sun and it's very yellow. The variegation is so subtle that it's barely noticeable and yes it does suffer from dessication. I fell in love with the pics of it but after 5 years I no longer care for it. If it croaked , I would not bother replacing it. Others may have had better experiences with it that they can share.

• TheHostaCottage
    10 years ago

Here's mine, one year old.

Vanessa

• jadie88
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ha, here we go Jo. I found this mature MYL in a thread on Stuart Asch. The poster said it is two plants together. Looks lovely.

10 years ago

OOh Jadie, isn't that a sight to behold? Thanks for finding that! I just find that so elegant and serene and peaceful looking. . . so soft on the eyes.

Vanessa, yours looks lovely! Thanks for the pic.
    Tim...Im guessing the variegation might become nondescript with too much sun exposure? Perhaps it's one of those that you have to experiment with to get good colour, as in Fire and Ice, and Whirlwind for example. This information will prove useful when I decide where to site it. I currently have it in aftn shade.

Jamie...you going to take the plunge yet? :-)

• Lee
    10 years ago

This is mine today, its getting about 1-2 hours of midday to afternoon sun.

• jadie88
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the input, folks! I may save this one for next year. I don't think the space I have available is quite right for it. I have room in a deep shade location and in about 4 hrs of pm sun. I think in those conditions MYL would either stay green or go to parchment. It has indeed made me look, but I'll wait till I have the right spot.