Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody else have Twist of Dwarf?

Posted by gardenj76 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 22:42

Purchased from local gentleman who created this one. Not sure if it has travelled beyond the region of SW Ontario.

photo photo 5-2_PerfectlyClear_4.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody else have Twist of Dwarf?

what do you mean.. he created it??? .. sport.. seedling??? etc

just looking for some history.. since its not listed in the library ....

compare with kiwi spearmint..

and holiday white ...

and any of the undulata varieties of that shape and form ..

ken

o

Looks a lot like Fireworks.

Paul

o

Have not seen it in my area.

Not listed in the library, but it is registered with the Hosta Registry ...... is a sport of Purple Dwarf

o

I've had mine for a few years....Larry is a great guy and this is a nice small hosta. In my garden it's in quite a bit of afternoon sun and holds up well.

photo IMG_4778_zps3d5895cc.jpg

Vanessa

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta Registry - Twist of Dwarf

o

Ken, my inner thesaurus was not working last night...i meant to say named...not created.

Vanessa, i take it you have been to Larry's yearly sale too! I am in Ingersoll, so it is an annual trek for me in the spring.

o

Yes, I've been there a few times but always a week or two before the sale. We live too far away to make it in time for the sale. My husband and I love going to Larry's and Bill's just to look at hostas and talk about hostas!

Vanessa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here