Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aacharley

Looking for Clear Fork River Valley and Dancing Stars

aacharley
9 years ago

I would like to purchase these two hostas. I could not find anything in a larger plant size for sale earlier in the season. Now that we have had a summer of growth, maybe something is available somewhere. If anyone has a nice division or can recommend a supplier I would appreciate knowing about it.

Comments (5)

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

Naylor Creek is selling both plants for $15 and both of your selections should be a good size. You can always ask them before you order, they are great guys.
    Vanessa

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Naylor Creek site

• aacharley
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Their listing is for 4.5" pots. I would not expect that to a very large plant with multiple eyes. I guess I can call, as you suggest.

Thanks for the reply.

• TheHostaCottage
    9 years ago

Naylor Creek almost always sends at least two eye divisions unless it's a brand new tissue culture introduction.

Dancing Stars was put on the market by Walters Garden within the last couple years so I doubt many vendors will have large, mature plants for sale. I think you would get a two eye division from Naylor Creek similar to their photo of Dancing Stars on the Hosta Library.

Clear Fork River Valley has been around for a while so it's almost guaranteed you'll get a multi-eyed plant. To get an idea of plant size you could always ask for pictures of them...or take a look at the Hosta Library auction where Naylor Creek currently has many offerings.

I am in no way affiliated with Naylor Creek but am a satisfied customer.

Vanessa

• Babka NorCal 9b
    9 years ago

There is a publication called "the Hosta Finder" which comes out in spring and lists who is selling which hostas and size and prices. Here's a link. A little late to be getting one this year, but mark it for future when you want to know where you can get a specific hosta.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta Finder Publication

• aacharley
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Vanessa,

I did not suspect that you were anything but a satisfied customer of Naylor Creek. I was glad to get your advice and a reference. I tried to call this afternoon but no one was at home. Will try again tomorrow.

I have a fairly small yard and a particular plan that I'm trying to get put together. I've used quite a few hostas but need two more. There is nothing wrong with being a hosta collector with one example of many different hostas, it is just not the way I'm going. So I'm looking for some larger plants to get things showing up a little sooner.

I have added Abiqua Drinking Gourd, Praying Hands, Striptease, Blue Mouse Ears, Devil's Advocate, Blueberry Waffles, Blue Legend, Francee, and Night Before Christmas. Generally these have been multiple larger sized plants that are well on their way. A couple of my friends have some larger, well established plants that have been the inspiration.

Babka,
    Thanks for the link.