Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Needs Help

Posted by bluerose007 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 23:51

Is this hosta getting too much sun or is it getting a virus.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pineapple Upside Down Cake Needs Help

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 1:39

PUD goes from light green to parchment in the sun. NORMAL. Relax. Similar to a pineapple that turns from green to yellow. Great name don't you think?

-Babka

o

no.. i hate the name ... it worse than all the lakesides ...

YOU CANT FIT IT ON A LABEL WITH A LABLEMAKER.. OTHER THAN MAKING THE PRINT SO SMALL ... you cant read it anyway ...

yes.. its in TOO MUCH SUN .. it MIGHT ... continue to melting out.. because of such.. and if it does.. dont come running back and asking what that disease is ... as babs said.. its all normal ..

move it to a spot .. where it is out of sun from noon to 6 ... out of the sun.. during the heat of the day ...

and use that logic for anything with a large white center ...

the white tissue is a net drain ont eh plant.. producing no chlorophyll .... and on some level.. the plant cant pump enough water to sustain it.. when siting is not proper ...

so when this happens... move it to a little more shade ...

ken

o

Yeah,mine is almost white at this time of year,but it grows well,so I'm not worried. Ken,I put my label on two different lines on the name tag,but I really don't need a name tag;it is so easily recognizable. Phil

o

Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 13:54

Mine just goes from green to soft yellow. Morning sun. This year I got a companion for it...Pineapple Punch, with reverse color. Not near a camera right now.

-Babka

o

• Posted by Eleven Michigan 6A (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 15:05

Yeah, I had to move mine three times before I found a spot where it didn't turn white a melt out by August.

o

Thanks everyone for the info, I will move it to a shadier spot. Ken, the name is way too big for my labels too. I also have Pineapple Punch but that one seems to be fine.

o

I would much rather try to fit pineapple upside down cake on a label than tokeyourmama flavorcircushallows … or … supercalifragilisticexpealidosios …. but I agree … it's a long name … kinda like 'smiles' .. it is a mile between the s's

dave

o

Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 20:49

Bragu- Good one!

I just write PUD, and Toko Flavo.

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here