Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Noah's Rainbow

Posted by old_dirt zone5 Mi (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 11:23

Anyone growing Noah's Rainbow? I have a small one I would like to put in a new bed. I looked in the Hosta Library and see 4 quite different pictures and no info on mature size. A mature picture would be nice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Noah's Rainbow

of course there is.. but its cryptic in nature...

myhosta dB says its 'Green Gold' sport

so that is its potential...

taking away vigor for streakiness ...

i would guess around 2/3 the potential ....

i hope you can find the info on green gold

ken

ps: or it dies.. lol ... as a weak genetic mutant ...

o

OD,

In the upper left hand corner of the library page for most hosta is a link to myhostas.be, although it says, myhostas.net. Just click on that link and it will open a window with the size and assorted other information for the hosta you were looking at. You can also look up mature size at the hostaregistrar.org. Just do a search for the name and the size, bloom time, etc information will come up on most hosta. Neither one is perfect, but it will give you some idea of size.

bk

o

Lemke database has this info:
Plant size - 19.0 Dx 9.0 Small
Leaf Size 6.0 x 3.5 wide
Scape 16-24"
Flowers 2.5", pale lavender, tubular

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here