Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
almosthooked

waterfall garden

almosthooked zone5
10 years ago

I have added some plants in the waterfall garden until the rains stared. It is so muddy now it makes it almost impossible to get into . I wanted to add some more hosta and misc. companion plant but it looks like we are getting unstable weather for another week.
I am not sure it will show what I have done so far in collage .Now I can't recall what I moved or planted. I have been wandering through some of my other beds yesterday to see what is getting more sun then necessary and could be moved into the quite shaded area . Thinking I may have a few but need to make a plan and I am not that good at planning. Any ideas would be appreciated
Faye

Comments (15)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

i wish my poor old eyes could focus on the pix

looks spectacular

ken

• jadie88
    10 years ago

Looks so lovely...I'm with ken in wanting bigger pictures!!

• zkathy z7a NC
    10 years ago

Your eye seems to be doing quite well, Faye! Don't worry about a plan.

Kathy

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry for the small picture but so far still haven't had the patients to learn how to upload more then one picture at a time so .... you asked for it but only one at a time

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Are you sick of them yet?

This post was edited by almosthooked on Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 22:55

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just a few more

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just one more after this one

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the back side of the waterfall waiting for me to plant. I pretty much blew the budget on rocks and pump supplies so will have to be happy with old existing plants ( for this year anyway) Thanks for the incouragement, it has been a fun project. Myrle says " AND what is next?" NOTHING , I am running out of grass! lol

• jadie88
    10 years ago

Not sick of them at all! How beautiful. I envy you those fantastic rocks and the nice grasses you have in there! Which hostas are/will be inhabiting that great spot?

• gardens1
    10 years ago

Not boring at all! I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to follow-up photos in the spring to see how everything's filling out.

• hostafreak
    10 years ago

Gee,Faye,I hope you had lots of help moving those boulders into position! If I had those type of boulders,they would roll down to the road below my house! Good job! Looking forward to your new plants,next year. Phil

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    10 years ago

Wow! Just beautiful. I need a project like that.

Do I see Japanese Forrest Grass?

• almosthooked zone5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Phil . Thanks to our neighbors little excavator and their knowledge in pond installation, our old backhoe and skidsteer and determination the rocks got placed with only one hosta kind of getting squished by a large one out of control rock( it survived).
    I have so far moved a Blue Angel, Big Daddy,Mr Big, Old Glory Plantaginia? and Color Festival . Wandering through the other areas I see a few others that may need more space but too darn muddy to even think of doing any moving of plants or I may bet stuck. The trees are starting to turn but we haven't had frost yet.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

Faye....that is just a gorgeous waterfall garden! I'm so glad you posted the close-ups after the "teaser" collage...lol
    I love not only how it looks overall, but also the use of certain companion plants as well. The effect is simply stunning...IMO you don't need any advice at all, my dear! You've got an artistic flair. What you've created is inspirational and such a pleasure for us to view.

Thank you for sharing and I look forward to seeing your beautiful garden next year as it evolves.

You must be so happy with the results of all that hard work!
    Jo