Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hostas are here! - Bridal Falls !!

Posted by jarih 4 in Finland (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 11:43

What a day, it was worth waiting. You have Hallson we have Jan van den Top and his Hostaworld. I took some photos, not very good but hostas are. Look at these massive root systems.
Photobucket

The hostas are from left down:
Change of Tradition
Purple Haze
Clear Fork River Valley
in white pot Bridal Falls
The Queen
Journey's End
in milk boxes Popo and Enduring Beacon
Potomac Glory

It is quite often here that I must order hostas according to pictures or sometimes there is only one picture available.I have had disappointings and nice surprices. This Garden Web is now my major source to get information I want. Journey's End is one of these I was convinced by you folks here. Bridal Falls in one I could found only one picture. I took a change. Now I have it and I am very pleased, happy, enthusiastic... If this will be as good grower as Niagara Falls and War Paint - this willl be TOP 5 in my garden.
Here it is.
Photobucket

There was room for this beauty.

Photobucket

Have a nice weekend and fall!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hostas are here! - Bridal Falls !!

WOW! Great looking plants, typical for Jan's hostas.

Bridal Falls is on order that I'm placing today to Jan. Among your new beauties you have Popo - another hosta that is on the same order. And Journey's End I bought last year also because of this forum, very nice fast growing plant. Wish you a mild autumn to let your new acquisitions to establish well before winter.

o

Great haul, Jarih. Bridal Falls (sport of Niagra Falls) is just stunning. Keep us apprised of its progress.

Steve

o

• Posted by Dgregory 6A - So.Central IL (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 14:09

Your Bridal Falls is a stunner! You've received some very nice hosta in that order... and holy cow... the roots!!
;-)
Deb

o

Oh dear, my latest arrivals included Niagara Falls, and now I see that Bridal Falls is a contender for.....this fall or next year?........hmmmmm. Well, on the list.

I have several of the ones you show, and it amazes me that hosta are growing from the Aurora Borealis near the Arctic Circle to the top of the Horse Latitudes here in South Alabama US of A. Wonderful looking roots on your new babies too.

o

great hostas...as always from jan

o

WOW - nice hostas with some great roots! And you have some nice black dirt there too! :-)

Deanna

o

Bridal Falls isn't in the Hosta Library. Maybe you should send in your picture. I had never heard of it - is it one that's only available on your side of the world?

Deanna

o

Deanna,

It's new. I suspect it will be out here in TC next year. A wide white margined version of Niagra Falls. Pretty cool, Hosta. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Steve

o

Bridal Falls hit the market earlier this year. It's available from Plant Delights for $24. Here is a link which may be helpful: Bridal Falls and Lightning Ridge

o

Sounds like another one for my wish list. It's a beauty!

Deanna

o

jarih,

Thank you for posting Hosta 'Bridal Falls'.

I could not find it on Hosta Library nor in Zilis Hostapedia. I finally found it using internet search and see it is a Jan van den Top introduction and a 'Niagara Falls' sport.

It looks interesting! Perhaps someone has a picture of a larger one to post on Hosta Library?

Again, thank you !

hh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here