Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Organic vole control! Good Boy!!

Posted by Don_in_Colorado 6a (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 12:14

Hi all,

This is Cujo. He came to us as a stray in 2007, after the neighbors abandoned him when they moved out of the area. My wife named him Cujo, because he's generally very angry and aggressive with other animals :) He's a cool cat with me,though. Likes to be my patio lap-cat, in fact. He has caught and killed at least three voles(That I know of) since Tuesday night. He snagged one right in front of me last night in the garden-area. This morning, he left me a gift outside the door in the backyard. Funny thing is; since we've had him, he's always been a stud mouser,(AND a rat once,AND a couple rabbits, etc.)but I'd never seen evidence of him ever catching any voles, although he probably has. They are common enough out here in N. Colo. Then I start getting heavy into Hostas this year and he's all over it. THIS guy earns his keep all day long. I say again:GOOD BOY!!

Thanks,
Don B.
Westminster, CO.
Don B.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Organic vole control! Good Boy!!

what a handsome boy and he seems to know where home is!

o

All black, just like our #1 mouse control system, Pandora. We have learned from experience to check her mouth before we let her inside - we have had very much alive mice, frogs, chipmunks etc. to chase. But no voles - yet.
Jan

o

Handsome fella and he's than just ornamental, too! lol

o

Do you remember the movie "Walk On The Wild Side"? Such a cat as yours was walking the streets as credits rolled. That was back in the 1960s and it was memorable all these years. Tough guy who knows he is well off.

o

Do you remember the movie "Walk On The Wild Side"? Such a cat as yours was walking the streets as credits rolled. That was back in the 1960s and it was memorable all these years. Tough guy who knows he is well off.

o

Sorry. I got side tracked watching YouTube for those film clips of the title intros, and forgot the link to it.

Classy black cat who earns his keep.

Here is a link that might be useful: Walk On The Wild Side...black cat footage

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here