Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Order placed WadeandGattonNurseries.com

User
11 years ago

Instead of going the slow route for this second order to WadeGatton, I decided to call. Very glad I did too, got to chat with Miss Dawn who somehow knows her way around their massive hosta holdings.

I'm posting this information now, because she said that next week is the last week they'll be doing any digging. And if you wish to order anything for shipment next week, please call by Wednesday this week, since she'll be off on Thursday. This does not affect the orders for hosta which do NOT have to be dug, and you can refer to the catalog (download it from their site)for the names of those.

Among the ones I'm getting are some from their OS holdings of fragrant-flowered hosta....which I found on Don's list for same. Seem to have a problem locating a 'White Triumphator' though, since it is a patented plant and cannot be divided. What source do you use in such a case?

Will be so happy when I can have access again to my index of hosta orders and descriptions, my data base was unavailable to me since the computer scrambled all the administrator privileges and deleted my user profile. Talk about frustration and depression....what a revolting development THAT was.

But as much as I tried (and am trying still) to keep a lid on aquisitions, I tell myself better now than in the spring, so they have the rest of fall and winter too, to establish for our early growth next year. It's my way of justifying this late spate of orders.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County