Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dgregory_zone6

Hallson hosta order arrived!

dg
11 years ago

This is my first time ordering from Hallson Gardens. They are just as fantastic as everyone has said.

Excellent packaging:

{{gwi:1089742}}

Labeled and nicely wrapped, measures about 18"

{{gwi:1089744}}

But wait, there's roots to measure, looks like 24"

{{gwi:1089745}}

Wow, just look at these beauties:

{{gwi:1089747}}

Got 'em soakin' while I prep the planting medium and pots:

{{gwi:1089748}}

Rockets Red Glare has a bud:

{{gwi:1089749}}

Sky Dancer is a really nice plant:

{{gwi:1089750}}

Marilyn Monroe has two buds opening:

{{gwi:1089751}}

Ah yes, the bonus everyone was talking about, 'Red Alert'! For me it will be just the right size at maturity.

{{gwi:1089752}}

I'm very pleased with the experience. I wrote Hallson an email to let them know that the hosta arrived safely and how happy I am. I have a huge wish list saved on their website for Spring. It'll help me survive cabin fever round about January :-)

Deb

Comments (13)

• Gesila
    11 years ago

Whoa ... look at the size of that bonus plant! Nice hostas with great roots! Looks like you like the red stems too!

Gesila

• dg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, the bonus plant is an unexpected pleasure. Red stems are neat! If I am to be limited to smaller/fewer hosta, I'd like a variety.

The roots spread out nicely over the "cone" I made while planting.

I hope the blooms don't drop off or wilt, but being fresh transplants, that's asking a lot.

Deb

• ci_lantro
    11 years ago

Beautiful plants there, Deb. I knew you would be thrilled when you rec'd 'em.

• bkay2000
    11 years ago

Everyone is happy with Hallson's.

bkay

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

I always liked Hallsons' plants. Those large roots will establish the plants quickly for the winter and will create a wonderful spring.
    Bernd

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    11 years ago

Almost better than Christmas! OK maybe it is better sometimes lol. Great looking set of plants. You did a sweet job of planting them up too. One cannot do wrong with Hallsons. Paula

• hostahosta
    11 years ago

I echo everyone's sentiments on Hallson's. I got a huge order from them about a month ago. Several of them had scapes which have since grown and flowered. Good sized plants and they are all doing great in the ground. Enjoy your new hosta and give us more pics next year.

• User
    11 years ago

The package has a familiar look to it! :)
    The plants also have a resemblance to those I've welcomed home. I've exclaimed aloud at what I find upon opening a box of goodies from Hallson. And no one anywhere around, just me, so bringing my appreciation to the Hosta Forum to share, is a must. Who better to know what it means to another gardener....

• vivian_2010 (IL Zone 5a)
    11 years ago

The plants are beautiful. Have fun planting anf enjoying.

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

Outstanding-looking Hostas....I have an order coming (hopefully) today from New Hampshire Hostas, who, the previous 2 times I've ordered from them, have been great, but I think next season I'll have to order some from Hallson. I have heard nothing but great reviews from them, and their plants are HUGE, and look just as healthy as NHHostas' do. In fact, I'm gonna go browse Hallson's website right now!(Be strong, Don...Just browse LOL)!! Later today I'll take some pics of NHH's stock when they arrive, just as an FYI for anyone who isn't familiar with 'em. Enjoy!

Don B.
    Westminster, CO.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

getting plants in the mail.. was always BETTER THAN XMAS ...

mostly because i usually got what i wanted.. lol

ken

• sidney1515
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness. . you just had to show a picture of that box. My fingers started to itch, my heart rate went up. . I'm trying so hard to be good and you had to show that box. . . .arrrrggggggg I could unpack a box of hosta all day. . I wish I had an order that would take me a whole day to unpack and plant. . .

Oh man, Ken, you are so right. There is nothing so great as getting hostas in the mail. . . ENJOY DEB! BEAUTIFUL PLANTS!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Oh jeepers. Hosta envy...and I just told DH I wouldn't spend any more on plants just now. Hmmm, maybe I could have one or two delivered to school...

;)