Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FW? NIOD at the Renn Faire

Posted by dray67 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 17:35

So i was at the Pennsylvania Renascence Faire yesterday and i saw this beside a building. My Guess is a Francis Williams, but no way to know for sure. the leaves are pretty big.
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FW? NIOD at the Renn Faire

Looks like FW to me also. The telltale sign would be a spot of Spring dessication. I see only one possible spot on the 9 o'clock leaf.

Steve

o

An amazing looking hosta. That 6 o'clock leaf looks big as a Sum And Substance almost! And looks like not a bit of slug damage. Wonderful.

o

It is amazing that in zone 7 at this time of the year any hosta can still look this good, nearly perfect. Francis Williams is a great plant!
Bernd

o

yep it sure caught my Eye. My wife and family laughed when i took my phone out to snap a pic. The faire is in a wooded area. Lots of dense shade. it is over an North of my home and there is a bit of elevation in the PA hills. I'm sure the cinder block wall provided some cooling.
Its probably 15 years old or more. not very many eyes.
Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here