Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zkathy

Mom! Look what followed me home!

zkathy z7a NC
10 years ago

Went to Plant Delights nursery open house for the first time today. I got most of what was on my wish list. From top left: h. Queen of the Seas, h. Plantaginea, h. Nefertiti, h. Lakeside Shoremaster, then the triplets (from left) hostas Pewterware, Love Pat and Silver Bay. And at the bottom left h. Blue Ivory and h. Blue Silver.

I passed on h. Irish Luck, which was on my list. It was a much bigger hosta than I thought and had many drooping and broken leaves. The Blue Ivory jumped in the wagon and wouldn't get out, so home it came. Same with the Blue Silver. My deep shade bed's going to be packed but they are slow growers so it ought to be a while before overcrowding is a problem.

The bigger hostas are busting out of their pots; it was nice to be able to look before I bought. But the bare rooted hostas I got from Hallson Gardens were about $10 less per plant and were beautiful, healthy hostas.

On the down side I asked several people who worked there if I could see the triplets in a display garden so I could compare them and was told they wouldn't know where to find them. The labels in the display garden were tiny and very hard to read, so a trek through it was not very educational.

I have some specific questions about some of them. Does anyone know how Nefertiti does in the sun? Anyone have comments about the triplets?

There's an hour of sunlight left, guess I'll go dig.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville