Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikgag4

mctavish6 I need a favour

If at all possible could you please measure the width of your Eye Declare....trying to plan a spot for next year. Thanks

Comments (9)

• User
    10 years ago

Until McTavish arrives, you can amaze yourself by viewing her photostream at Flickr, link below.

I just put it on slideshow and let it run. Somewhere in there will be her Eye Declare. You probably want to see a mature plant, so I won't bore you with my first-year wannabe.

Here is a link that might be useful: McTavish Flickr photostream

• jadie88
    10 years ago

While we're on the McTavish train here, I have to mention something that has happened to me at least a dozen times:

I browse old photo-heavy threads oohing and ahhing over everyone's great photos, when suddenly there is a run of PERFECT looking hostas, all beautifully photographed. I think, "who IS this person?" and I scroll back up to see who posted. Probably 80% of the time...it's McTavish.

Of course McT is in good company...I am constantly impressed by everyone's beautiful, lovingly grown plants, and I could name over a dozen other of you hosta-tastic overachievers who light up this forum with your stunning photos!

Anyway...excuse the side rant :) Eye Declare is a beauty!

This post was edited by jadie88 on Tue, Sep 24, 13 at 16:30

• mctavish6
    10 years ago

How very sweet of you Mocc and Jadie. I'm l glad you like the pictures and that they inspire people like I was inspired so many others when I began this hosta obsession. Do onto others right?

I know I've infected Faye, badly. Wait until you see her waterfall - just a small project at the end of the season that would take most people a whole summer. Their timeline? Four days. The plants still need to go in but then that's the fun part.

mikgag Here is a picture of Eye Declare, just taken. The tape measure is open to 5 feet. It's one of the success stories for me as far as location and growth. I'm more known to cram things together and move them at the slightest whim. Good luck to you. This one has several hours of direct sun in the middle of the day. I think that's why is still shows variation instead of being more all green.

• mikgag Z5b NS Canada
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Thank you

It will fit perfectly where I had planned and will get the same amount of sun you described....perfect.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

McTavish6, a.k.a. 'The Hosta Whisperer'. I have seen a number of varieties in the hosta library that McTavish, and ONLY McTavish, has donated photos for.

I suspect it is because she is the only one capable of having success growing them to maturity. : )

Don B.

• mikgag Z5b NS Canada
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I love the fact that it's listed as 18"x22"....when I saw her pic, I had to ask.

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

I, too, am a McT foto fan!

hh

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

McTavish, thanks for the show! I saw your h.'Carnival' in the picture show and just had to buy one! Your h. 'Frosted Jade' is another beauty, will get that one in spring. Bernd

• zkathy z7a NC
    10 years ago

Early in the hosta obsession, when I was just looking at pictures of hostas I saw a fabulous picture and all I remembered was it was a big hosta planted by a stucco wall in Canada. Weeks later I searched for a long time to find the picture and guess who? McTavish!

So McT, I can't help you with this request, but I owe you one!

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: McT's Niagara Falls