Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostahosta

pics of new Naylor Creek hosta

hostahosta
10 years ago

I have them all planted (23) either in ground or pots and had time to take some pics. Here we go...

Dark Shadows. Like the subtle varigation. Anyone have mature pics?

Comments (9)

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Fog Light in pot. Unique color on this one. Small with wavy leaves.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Brutus, also in pot for now. I'm an Ohio State alumnus and worked there for about 35 years, so had to have this one. (Brutus is OSU's sport team mascot for anyone not familiar).

This will be a very large, dark blue-green with rippled leaves.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Heatwave. Nice varigation and leaf size. Understand it will not be a fast grower, but that is OK for the spot I placed it!

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Her Eyes Were Blue. I'm in a blue phase this year and have added many to my collection. There are such subtle differences between some of them. Hope this will be a good one. I was unable to find a lot of info on some of these as I was making choices in bidding!

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lily Blue Eyes, M, blue and wavy.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lakeside Spruce Goose. Small, long pointed leaves, crisp greeen and white. What's not to love?

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Thumbs up! Nice job, Hostahosta. 'Lily Blue Eyes', from your pic, kind of reminds me of 'Queen Of The Seas'. I like it.

Enjoy,
    Don B.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tokudama Aureonebulosa. Planted it right next to Tokudama Flavocircinalis. Saw a pic in an old Hosta Journal of them together and loved it. Of course it will take a few years for them to even touch each other.

That's enough for now. Thanks for looking. Please share if you have experience or pics of any of these.

• flower_frenzy
    10 years ago

I bought 'Foglight' earlier in the season from Naylor Creek library auctions. It's turning out to be a really pretty hosta. Mine was a little smaller than yours and, as you can see from the pic, it's grown fairly quickly. It gets sun until noon and has developed a beautiful color as well.