Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mac48025

What hosta's do you overlook?

I've had Bridal Falls a little over a year now but until recently never fully appreciated it's true beauty. What hosta's might you be overlooking?

Comments (14)

• mac48025 ( SE michigan)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A closer look.

• BungalowMonkeys
    9 years ago

Wow! That does not at all look like the photo I've seen of that hosta. I didn't order it and went with The King. If they had one of your pics up, would have grabbed it instead. That is beautiful!

Original Author
    9 years ago

The funny thing is, bungalow..... I didn't notice the beauty of this hosta until I saw a close up pic of it that someone posted and thought. " my bridal falls doesn't look that good". Upon closer inspection.....it did!

Some advice for you bungalow. Just buy any hosta you come across as just about all if them are worthy of having. Scary thought, huh?

Here's another I never fully appreciated. The bloom of Marilyn.

• zkathy z7a NC
    9 years ago

What a great picture!

Kathy

• BungalowMonkeys
    9 years ago

Just ran to the garden and it may have been too dark to capture the leaf. Until a couple days ago overlooked Pilgrim. It is not very attractive with slug holes and while picking off a slug noticed how pretty the leaves are. Not sure the time of day made for the best pic and of course it would be out of focus.

This post was edited by bungalowmonkeys on Fri, Sep 5, 14 at 21:36

• BungalowMonkeys
    9 years ago

Very scary, for my wallet. This forum doesn't help at all. The list grows more than I can shop. I keep telling myself I'm done buying hostas for the year and need to get companion plants. But of course can't do it.

Marilyn is one at the top of the list. Probably get her in spring. What are using for pics, iphone?

• DelawareDonna
    9 years ago

Mac, that is the best photo I've seen of Bridal Falls. Simply gorgeous. I;m hoping mine will look like that someday.

DD

• ConnieMay ON Z6a
    9 years ago

That Marilyn bloom pic deserves a nice frame.

• digger96 4b MN
    9 years ago

i pretty much just started this summer so i'm still fawning over all of them (my first post here as well)

• bkay2000
    9 years ago

Welcome, Digger.

bk

• digger96 4b MN
    9 years ago

ty bk, and i would like to add that bridal falls is definitely going on my list. The multi toned greens are awesome, like an arctic camoflage

• User
    9 years ago

Always good to have new faces hanging out with us. Welcome, Digger. You are in the upper reaches of hosta growing, we are at the lower ones. Hosta are very adaptable, if I can accommodate their cold requirements. Where yours are about to ramp down, mine have another 60 to maybe 90 days to go. They will be SO TIRED, and not much time for a beauty rest.

Original Author
    9 years ago

I agree Connie, but then any Marilyn Monroe deserves a frame if you ask me.

Welcome digger. Repeat after me. " My name is (your name here) and I'm a hostaholic". Recognizing your addiction will be the first step in being cured. Why anyone would want to be cured is beyond me, but that's another topic :)

Another hosta I overlooked. One Mans Treasure

• BungalowMonkeys
    9 years ago

Didn't know hosta flowers got that dark. Very pretty!