Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbug_zone6

Naylor Creek Day on the forum!

mbug_gw
10 years ago

Congratulation to the other Naylor Creek Auction winners!!
LOTS OF GREAT LOOKING PLANTS!

I got four today
The Line up....from left to right:
Paradise Backstage...reverse sport of' On Stage
Inspire Greatness....sport of Brave Attempt
Heat Wave...sport of Bright Lights
Paradise Sunshine....reverse sport of Guacamole

Comments (11)

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Inspire Greatness....A percentage of each sale of this beauty is donated to the Special Olympics.....I hope everyone adds it to their wish list!

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Very nice order. Those all look like nice hosta. How does that reverse-Guacamole variegation look on 'Paradise Sunshine'...subtle but still lovely, like 'Guacamole'? Hard for my sun-blasted eyes to tell from the pic.

Good work!
    Don B.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

The Boyz told me mine would ship this coming week and I will post my pics, too, when they arrive. I have absolutely no self-control which keeps us all happy!

I like yours mbug. Great choices.

Cynthia

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Don
    Cynthia...Thanks....looking forward to seeing yours

• jamie81
    10 years ago

Just curious. Where do you hear of all these auctions. Are they just listed on the hosta library?

• flower_frenzy
    10 years ago

Wow, mbug! You too? You got some nice ones. I bought 'Heat Wave' earlier this year. It's coloring and leaf pattern are really nice.

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jamie....Hosta Library ....click on Hosta Library Auction...still some up for bid

f-f....I'm looking forward to seeing Heat Wave mature

• idiothe
    10 years ago

Nice plants! Paradise Backstage is a very good grower... tends to be a little taller than On Stage for me. It is an oddity... one might expect that when On Stage, which is a reverse sport of montana Aureomarginata, gets a green centered sport, that it will look like (or be) mA. PB is distinctly different.

On interesting thing I've noticed is that mA is one of the first up in the spring, and OS is one of the last. One might guess that both green-centered plants will have similar emergence... early in this case... but PB shares OS tendency to emerge late.

as to Heat Wave... it is very attractive. And you are right, mbug, to practice looking forward to its maturing... I've had a couple for years and I'm still waiting for them to mature! What else can one expect from tokudama heritage? Lovely and sloooowwwww....

Paradise Sunshine is a relatively fast grower and flowers well, like the rest of the family. Nice plant. I don't see a reverse Guacamole when I look at it, though... more like a green centered, light margined fragrant hosta in the family with the green being darker than the center of the scion, Fragrant Bouquet... and lighter than Fragrant King.

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jim
    Thanks again for the great information. Always appreciated.

• beverlymnz4
    10 years ago

That Inspire Greatness is a special one. I'll keep my eye out for it. Nice selection. Thanks for sharing

Beverly

• mbug_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Beverly....here is a link for a better look

Here is a link that might be useful: Inspire Greatness