Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostahosta

More new hosta

hostahosta
10 years ago

My friend called and said "The hubbies are golfing today, do you want to go to Wade's (Garden)?" My answer: 'YES"

So I bought some more, including:

Rainbow's End
Blue Jay
Fantasy Island
Bluetini
Kaleidoscope
Rainforest Sunrise
Color Glory
Fortunei Hyacinthina

Anyone have pics of these?

Comments (13)

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

I always love a reason to post a 'Lakeside Kaleidoscope' pic! Nice haul, BTW...

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

u live ðthatð close to Wade Botanical Gardens?

ahhhh, zone 6, the sweet-spot of Hostas...

aww, nevermind, I'd be dead-broke if I was that close

hh

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

LK again. Give her some generous shade. I initially sited mine in too much direct sun, and her margins scorched in a big way.

Don B.

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    10 years ago

I got my Rainforest Sunrise last year. The color of the hosta stays bright throughout the season. Here is a picture in August. I really like this hosta.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Not my pics, but this is a great pic of 'F. Hyacynthina'. I bought 3 plants a few summers ago that were labeled as 'F. Hyacynthina'. They were not. My intention is to buy a real true 'F.H.' for the garden ASAP in early spring. Talk about an old classic! What a great, important plant. SO MANY sports have come from this one, not to mention sports-of-her-sports. There's like 150 to 200 of 'em! Enjoy, Hostahosta, you have excellent tastes, as your purchases clearly show : )

Don B.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Fortunei Hyacynthina' pic and info...

• flower_frenzy
    10 years ago

I love 'Fantasy Island'. Here's a picture of mine in a pot. It's even prettier when blooming. The scapes are a pinkish purple. You can see just a hint of them in the picture.

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

Hyacynthia planted 1995, classy lady

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

Hyacynthia planted 1995, classy lady

oh, and that plant around it is perenial forget me not

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by hostahillbilly on Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 9:50

• vpeterson
    10 years ago

Rainbow's End is my husband's favorite hosta

• esther_b
    10 years ago

I have both Rainforest Sunrise and Rainbow's End. They are both hostas that I linger over to just enjoy their loveliness. This was their first year, so they were not at their maximum best. But even the settling-in level of lovely was really something! Can't wait to see what they do next year.

• jadie88
    10 years ago

Love all these photos, guys! Don, that is the leaf shot that sold me Lakeside Kaleidoscope. Love those white ruffles.

• hostahosta
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the pics everyone. Oops, I mean I got Kaleidochrome, not LS Kaleidoscope.

We don't actually live that close to Wade's. It's about 1.5 hours, but definitely worth the trip. That made 4 trips there this year. I should be on their MVC list (most valued customer!)

• jan_on zone 5b
    10 years ago

Sure sounds like WAAYYY more fun that golf! And - you have something wonderful to show for your effort lol.
    Jan