Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funnthesun

Plant Delights Garden Tour - hosta pic heavy!

Well, I went and snapped a few pics of the hostas in the gardens at Plant Delights and wanted to share them with you guys. As always, Tony's gardens are gorgeous and I didn't leave without a new buddy or two coming home with me. I took pics with my phone, so please excuse the quality of some. Hope you enjoy!

This first one was in the trial gardens and immediately caught my eye. It's a sport of Midas Touch.

Here is Prestige & Promise:

According to PD's website, this one is a little known Hansen introduction. I thought it was amazing and one of these came home with me. This is Nefertiti:

Here's Snow Mouse:

Grand Prize. This pic doesn't do it justice:

Popcorn:

Warwick Comet:

Stolen Kiss:

A very nice Blue Ivory:

Look how Brother Stefan is coloring up already:

A Stitch In Time sport:

Atlantis:

Stitch In Time:

Lakeside Beach Captain:

Citation:

Ann Kulpa sport:

Inniswood, wow:

Oh, man, I gotta have this one. Laura & Darrell:

This one was so nice, I had to take two pics of it. Satisfaction pic #1:

Satisfaction pic #2:

Leading Lady:

Just wow. Golden Friendship sport:

A gorgeous Tattoo:

Prime Meridian:

This post was edited by funnthsun on Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 16:19

Comments (12)

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You got some great pics of some great plants. Thanks for sharing them.

Don B.

• idiothe
    10 years ago

thanks for the pics... I've got to make a pilgimage there someday...

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

The only thing is...That 'Warwick Comet' needs to be SEEN! They should trim down the plant that's covering it up.

Don B.

• donrawson
    10 years ago

Nice pics...thanks for sharing.

I think the Golden Friendship is misidentified.

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are right, I just looked back at the tag pics and Golden Friendship should actually be Golden Friendship sport. Sorry I missed that the first time around, although not surprised. Photobucket was giving me fits with this, not cooperating at all. I'll change the initial post to be correct.

• User
    10 years ago

Done a lot of ordering from PDN in the past. Also my lovely Mama plantaginea came from there in my first ever hosta order, back in spring 2010.

Lovely pictures. Maybe one day I shall visit during their open house.

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Beautiful plants. You must have had a great time touring!

Love Tattoo, and little more research and it might be on my want list.

Original Author
    10 years ago

yes I had a great time, as always! The cherry on the top was when the nice lady that writes up your order asked if it was my first time at their open house. She got a very long pause followed by my sheepish explanation of: No, this is the third time this weekend. Lol, how embarrassing is that!

Original Author
    10 years ago

Bumped for Kathy :-)

• zkathy z7a NC
    10 years ago

I do have to admit I was more in acquisition mode than browsing mode. I had done extensive online research and knew what I wanted. My wagon was full in 15 minutes and I wanted to get home in time to plant. Next year I'll take my time and enjoy the experience more. Of course I say that about everything. Might be a personal problem. ;) Next year we'll take that big vacation. At a party a friend asked my husband "What are you doing for fun these days?" Doug starred at him blankly and said, "I have a garden."
    Kathy

• User
    10 years ago

ZKathy, you DH has a droll sense of humor. hehehehehe It really sounds like our house though.

The hosta I ordered from PDN are the oldest ones in my garden, purchased in May 2010. They went from NC north to MA and then south to Alabama, where all of them are doing great. I'm hoping to see them leaping tall buildings next spring. :)

• jel48
    10 years ago

Beautiful photos and beautiful hostas! Thank you for sharing them!