Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta 'Scarlet Ribbons' flower - astounding!

Posted by hostahillbilly Zone 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 22:30

scarlet ribbons flower2012-08-17_13-34-13_336

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta 'Scarlet Ribbons' flower - astounding!

That is a nice flower.

Karen

o

Ooooo. . .enjoying the flower pictures! Thank you

o

HH-You're touching my heart. I may rub someone the wrong way with what I am about to say, but I think hosta flowers rival orchids in beauty and variety as among the finest of all. All one has to do is get down on all fours and still lean over, usually, to see them. If our member brothers and sisters don't do this they should. Or like our "Potheads" probably do, just lift them up to eyelevel and drink in their treasures.

I sadly say this is quite hard for me to do right now or I would have been taking pics of mine all sumer. Getting there though! A couple of days ago, for the first time since my fall in March, I'd gotten down on hands and knees and planted two Heuchera that have been in pots all season.

So your pics are filling in the void and I thank you. I hope many other 'holics will pitch in.

As soon as I find my ventricosa shots from last year I will.

Les

o

One thing to do is yoc can use the hair clips that orchid growers do to hold the scape where you want it. In my case, I attach the clip to the metal name tags for the hosta. How can butterflies get to the throat of the bloom if it is down among the leaves. Just a little help.

o

One thing to do is yoc can use the hair clips that orchid growers do to hold the scape where you want it. In my case, I attach the clip to the metal name tags for the hosta. How can butterflies get to the throat of the bloom if it is down among the leaves. Just a little help.

o

Wow! That's a fantastic Hosta flower! That 'Scarlet Ribbons' really goes above and beyond for blooms...I'm pleasantly shocked...HostaLes, I must admit, at first seeing this pic, the first flower that came into my head was 'Orchid'...Thanks for posting this, Hostahillbilly...I assume this is your plant?

o

Yes, Don, this pic is from a plant here,

hh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here