Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Almost last shipping - very new ones.

Posted by jarih 4 in Finland (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 5:55

My order arrived today. Once again quite new ones - no (good) picture available about hostas I wanted. I took a change, new nursery for me, very low shipping costs...
Heemskerk in known as originator and now they sent goodlooking hostas. The new ones (Dutch Flame and Party Popper)are not this time of the year very beautiful, what will be situation after winter:)

Bottom left: Lakeside Banana Bay, Snake Eyes, Beach Boy
Middle: Party Popper and Dutch Flame
Above: Atlantis and Canadian Blue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Almost last shipping - very new ones.

Good sized root system on that Candian Blue. Hopefully they are all that vigorous. This time of year you are buying root systems. Lakeside Banana Bay is a beauty of a small Hosta. Not many people grow it, but you will really like this one.

LS Banana Bay
Photobucket

Steve

o

Nice plants. It will be interesting to see these next year when they come up.
Cher

o

• Posted by jarih 4 in Finland (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 9:57

All, even new introductions have very big roots. Here is Dutch Flame with adult scissors.

o

Nice plants, several I haven't heard of. But of course I have 'Canadian Blue' - just new to my garden this spring, but it held its colour well all season and still looks good this late.
Jan

H.'Canadian Blue'

o

• Posted by jarih 4 in Finland (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 15:52

Hi Jan, of course you must have it:) What kind of place you have it in your garden? I don't want it turns green.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here