Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

GW Clippings to find container info

User
9 years ago

Hi. I wish to remind everyone of the storehouse of "clippings" available through GW. Everyone can clip a post for retrieval at a later time.

However, what I wish to call attention to right now, is one particular series of posts which have been clipped and are listed as MOST CLIPPED. Which, if you scroll down a tiny bit will reveal one about good drainage in containers.

Right now, this one has been clipped 77 times and it will soon show 78 times, because I clipped it.

I don't have to give a link to it, everybody has it already. Look at the top of the main Hosta Forum page and where you see TOOLS & RESOURCES, run your mouse over it. "MY CLIPPINGS".....go there. Look around. See the "Most Clipped"? Alright, now find the one for 77 times clipped.

LOTS of info on that. And I'm not sure about the potting mix being the "gritty mix", but it sure does explain the science of drainage for pots.

I learned something, and may be adding wicks to the larger containers, and not using so many flat bowls for the tiny hosta. Deeper containers are said to drain better. Also, no "drainage layer" in the bottom of the pots please, it is counterproductive and leads to retention of water. Who knew!

Well, hope this helps someone. Let me know if you find it useful.

Comments (3)