Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

Comments on this link

i stared at this for 5 minutes.. i cant make heads nor tails of what they are offering..

nor why.. lol

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Comments (20)

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Tempted to order this just to see what showed up, but them I came to the part where it didn't fit in my budget. darn.
    But those are unquestionably some mighty pretty hostas. Much different than any of the photos on HL !!
    Where do you find this stuff Ken?
    Jan

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Those are silk (fake)arrangements, silly. It does make you blink twice, however. They'll never go dormant!

-Babka

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

whats the L in front of the value???

ken

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

The price in US dollars was listed as 79 cents. I have no idea what L99 currency is. The company(?) is Second Life and one of their products listed as available from Second Life is land in the after life.

I don't think anyone should get involved with this outfit.

Jon

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Get serious, Jon. The "L" stands for British pounds Sterling. The plants are either silk or plasticized real ones to make an everlasting arrangement...possibly giving a second life to your plants?????

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Wikipedia

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Looking closer, they might be offering live plants, but have a very unusual way of displaying them. Roses in a Hosta????? They have a lot of other garden stuff at their website as well.

The whole site looks rather tacky to me. Most religions believe in an after-life.

-Babka

• Jon 6a SE MA
    11 years ago

Babka,

The website offers L99 or $.79 US. â¤99 would be $160...which prompted my observation that I don't have any idea what L stands for.

Yes, almost all religions profess an after life; however very few sell choice lots in heaven.

Jon

• beverlymnz4
    11 years ago

Seriously, plastic hosta - not likely.

Perm is short for permanent, a wavy or curly hair style. Clearly these are hosta wigs. Personally, I look very good in green and am considering ordering.

Beverly

• bkay2000
    11 years ago

I'm with you Bev, they are clearly hosta wigs.

bkay

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

Wait, so in your "Second Life" in England - after you purchase some real estate there - for several more 100 US bucks you can walk around with hair fashioned like a hosta (a perm)? Sounds sick to me, must be some cult. They talk about divinity... perhaps they are actually in Guyana were 500 people once ..etc.

• ctopher_mi
    11 years ago

Second Life is an online virtual world where people build, work, and play. Your avatar can buy virtual land, have a virtual job, and apparently can buy virtual hostas. These "textures" would be used to build your virtual garden. The "L" is second life dollars, which people use to trade within Second Life, but it also have a real dollar equivalent as shown.

Like the SIMs, Second Life is just a game, though some take it very seriously.

(I've only read about it and heard about it).

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Wow, the things one can learn reading this forum. An online game eh? (But a rather classy game perhaps if one can grow hostas in their garden). And just when I was getting really excited about the wigs!
    Jan

• hostafreak
    11 years ago

Yeah,but $499.00? Not in my lifetime! I like the real hostas,personally,and they are a lot less expensive,in the real world! I don't exist in the virtual world. Phil

Original Author
    11 years ago

whats scary.. is that CHRIS HAS HEARD OF IT ... LOL

KEN

• Babka NorCal 9b
    11 years ago

Thank you, thank you Chris! That explains everything! I kinda like the idea of a virtual hosta garden. No disease, no bugs, no re-potting, and they never go dormant. I travel a lot and putting a "funny" symbol in front of a dollar amount didn't give me a clue. I figured they didn't have a computer that had a Brit Pound key.

Ken- Don't forget who discovered the website in the first place...talk about scary?

-Babka

• donrawson
    11 years ago

I looked at the Second Life website...and like Chris said, the "L" stands for "Linden Dollars", the currency of the Second Life World.

For me, I'm just gonna spend my time (first life) in my garden and grow real hostas, rather than buying fake ones for some weird, imaginary computer game...

• User
    11 years ago

There is a whole different world out there, beyond Stargate.
    Not about to warp my mind any further than it is already.

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    11 years ago

Gosh I was just starting to like the idea of hosta wigs, Waving Wuffles or maybe Curly Fries. I could dispense with my curling iron.

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    11 years ago

Whatever this site is selling, I'm not buying! I'm not interested in fake flowers/leaves, wigs or games. If I want tulips or roses or dahlias in my hostas, I'll do it myself!(lol)

Except I like begonias in my Patriot . . .

Original Author
    11 years ago

HEYY!!!!

i was googling a pic of American sweetheart.. for that poster who will never come back.. too lazy to post my own ...

thats how i ran across it.. lol

and then ended up posting my own pic anyway ...

ken

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA