Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brrrrr!!

Posted by hosta_freak zone6NC (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 3, 11 at 11:36

Hope you all are doin' good this morning. It was 37 with lots of frost this morning. Parhelion is still hanging in,though. Phil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brrrrr!!

The end of my hosta season might be this Thursday night, forecast is also 37, Wednesday night will be 39. Leaf colors are changing, falling more. Days are in the 60s now, so long pants and jackets are worn in the morning now.
Spring will be in 6 months, hosta showing up again in 7 months. Bernd

o

Getting my slug killum stuff out on the potted hosta, and a little diatomaceous earth scattered around the base of the whole batch of pots. Gotta kill those pests before the hosta croak for the season. I hope when my stash of hosta wake up it will be spring in Mobile.

Right now it is only in the 40s at night, not much different in zone 5b and 8b...except for daytime highs.

o

How in the world did this post get kicked up? I thought I was losing it...again.

o

Just what we needed in this heat wave. I have 97 now and HOT.

o

Ahhhh! Memories of days gone by! Looking forward to those days again after this year. Phil

o

Ahhhh! Memories of days gone by! Looking forward to those days again after this year. Phil

o

Yeah, I was wondering about 40 degree nights in Mobile. It's so hot here, you can barely breathe outside. I have to walk the puppy daily, or she eats the sheetrock off the walls. Going around 1 block is a real chore for me in this heat. I shouldn't complain though, compared to last year, this year is a cakewalk.

bkay

o

I was wondering if this was in celsius temperatures to make us Canadians feel at home but finally looked on the date it was first posted. Wondered if you were around the south pole or where!

o

Yep, I had a few startled moments when NY was having 37 degrees. Lot of difference in that and the current 71 I'm seeing at our house up in MA. Must have stormed there today. Hopefully not as deadly a storm as what hit CT and RI yesterday. Lot of folks in that region now have power outages...not even a FAN, no ICE, oh man that hurts to think about it.

o

You guys just about gave me a heart attack. Here we are with good summer weather - 84 now at 7 pm. and I was trying to figure out how your season is ending when it seems mine is still getting going? I thought we might as well have been on different planets or something. October, 2011 - now I get it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here