Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flower_frenzy

More Naylor Creek Hosta Library Auction winnings!

flower_frenzy
10 years ago

My winnings from the NC Hosta Library Auction are all potted up/ in the ground and ready for fall. Here are some pictures as promised. Some of the tops didn't look so hot, but (as always) the roots systems were nice and large.

This first one is 'Sunshine Glory'.

Comments (13)

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Next is 'Hippodrome'. This is a cross between 'Halcyon' and 'Christmas Tree' I believe. Sounds (and looks) promising!

This post was edited by flower-frenzy on Thu, Oct 3, 13 at 17:06

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Next is 'Cold Heart'. Not looking so swell on top at the moment, but it has a great root system. I added this one to an existing smaller plant.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Close up of a 'Cold Heart' leaf. The color is pretty and I love the fluted edges. I can't wait until spring for this one!

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One that interested me, but I knew little about was 'Moon Dance'. Anyone grow this one?

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Next up is 'Sunset Grooves', a wide-margined sport of 'Rainforest Sunrise'. I love RFS, so I'm betting I'll love this one just as much.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is 'Dream Weaver'. I've got 3 different divisions together, as its notoriously slow and I'm impatient. Too lovely not to grow at all, though.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Next is 'Tickle Me Pink', also not looking so swell on top. I love the red petioles and the flowers are supposed to be quite pink, which should contrast nicely with the yellow leaves.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's 'Kiwi Full Monty', my first plant belonging to the 'Striptease' family of hostas. This one looks great already. I can't wait to see it mature!

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Last one is 'Justine', which is the tetraploid version of 'June Fever'. I bought 3 to be part of a hosta border that I'm putting together this fall. I already like it a lot!

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here are all 3 plants planted together. The little hosta in the front is 'Radiant Edger'. I thought the two would look great together.

Thanks for looking! As always, feel free to add your own pictures and comments.

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

OOOOhhhhhhh, I gotta have one of those Kiwi Full Montys!!!! Going on my list...

Moon Dance is also amazing, nice haul!

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Good order! No worries about the hostas looking ragged, I'm sure you know it's just the time of the year; They're tired. They just want to go to sleep and then EXPLODE out of the ground next Spring for you.

I actually don't have a single one you just acquired; Not that I don't like 'em, I simply ran out of Hosta Money before I could get any more. 'Hippodrome' I am also very interested in, I always get excited when favorite hostas are bred with each other. That's very high on my list for next year.

Very Nice, Enjoy!
    Don B.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

Love that you posted close-up of Cold Heart! Nice hosta haul, FF!
    Moon Dance is lovely and Tickle Me Pink has me hooked on its colour of petioles w pink flowers, you say? Wow factor...can't wait to see next year. Justine sure is pretty....aw shucks, they are all beauties, aren't they?

Thanks for sharing pics, love it!
    Jo