Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funnthesun

Show us your Striptease...sport!

I have noticed that I have started collecting/adding to my want-list several of Striptease's prodigy and wanted to throw it out there to you guys. How about some pics of any hostas that call Striptease an ancestor, so to speak.

Here's a starter list, not all-inclusive, though:
�Alan Titchmarsh�
�Blue Striptease�
�Blue without You�
�Gamma Ray�
�Glen Ray�
�Gypsy Rose�
�Hanky Panky�
�Harlot�
�Jelloway�
�Juha�
�Kiwi Dotterel�
�Kiwi Full Monty�
�Kiwi Tease�
�Lady Godiva�
�Lapdance�
�Let Me Entertain You�
�Mata Hari�
�Math Man�
�Mithril�
�My Passion�
�Naked Lady�
�Outer Limits�
�Patricia the Stripper�
�Peepshow�
�Pole Cat�
�Risky Business�
�Rusty�s Fine Line�
�Silver Eagle�
�Snake Eyes�
�Sneak Peak�
�Strip Poker�
�Strip Search�
�Stripped Naked�
�Stripper�
�Tassels�
�T-Dawg�
�White Bikini�
�White Line Fever�
�Yellow Polka Dot Bikini�

I'll start with Gypsy Rose, still small, but coming along:

Comments (21)

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    Original Author
    10 years ago

How about High Fashion? Looks a lot like Gypsy Rose, but grows a bit bigger. It's a sport of Kiwi Full Monty.

• jan_on zone 5b
    10 years ago

Very few here... here's Kiwi Full Monte

Striptease

Hanky Panky must have been absent on photo day!

Jan

Original Author
    10 years ago

Jan, which do you like better, Striptease or Kiwi Full Monty?

• leaflover76
    10 years ago

Gypsy Rose

Striptease - new to me this year. I've got big hopes for this one seeing how big it already is.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

Leaflover....I sent you a link to this thread (lol) simply to practice sending a link but submitted in error...oops...silly me...you're here already! :-)

I noticed the absence of H. 'Obscene Gesture' in the list above, quite possibly because it may not be a Striptease progeny.....I just googled and it happens to be a sport of Kiwi Full Monty! How about that!

Funnthsun...I'm going to search for OG pic and post when I do...

• jadie88
    10 years ago

Never thought I'd see "striptease" and "ancestor" used together! ;)

I honestly can't explain why, but I'm not a big striptease fan. (Ah...er...there's that awkward phrasing again... ) Maybe it's because of the straggly, dry, patchy ring of them around a neighbor's sugar maple. They just look sad! I guess I need to see more fab photos from you experts.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

I recall when Striptease first came out...It is that wondrous little white line that distinguished it. When the blue version, Kiwi Full Monty became available for the Aussies, it was sold out everywhere. My most recent one is Snake Eyes, that has a wider white line and I love all three. They are each very different... to the hosta connoisseur. (!) Ah hem.

-Babka

• jan_on zone 5b
    10 years ago

funnthsun - the jury is still out on Striptease vs Kiwi Full Monty for me. I planted KFM first, and after realizing that Striptease had been a hosta of the year (the only one I didn't have) I bought it when I found a really nice big one. They are planted side-by-side in my garden, and I really can't yet say I have a favourite .Maybe next year!
    Jan

Original Author
    10 years ago

OK, I know you guys have more of these out there. Come on, some of you guys with hundreds or thousands of hostas, where's your striptease...sport?

10 years ago

Love my Striptease! It just gets prettier each year..gets sun exposure till two-ish and takes on a yellow centre glow.

10 years ago

....here they are, ready for potting up...I divided two years ago just to have more..pic taken last week.

10 years ago

Since I don't have any progeny of Striptease, I hesitated posting pics of Striptease, but when you coaxed, I figured you wouldn't mind, that I'd be a "sport" lol....and post another pic of S. :-) thanks..

Jo

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

risky business

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

hanky panky is going to sleep

• hostahillbilly
    10 years ago

bad slug year for Kiwi full Monte

10 years ago

Here's a pic of h. 'Obscene Gesture', a sport of KFM....growing in my daughter's garden.

This post was edited by josephines67 on Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 16:05

Original Author
    10 years ago

No worries, Jo, I wanted to see striptease, too! I've been trying to decide between Striptease and Kiwi Full Monty. They really seem to look alike at the end of the season if not in mostly shade anyway. Some pics I see are dead on the same and others show more of the blue in Kiwi. Looks like the decision was made for me, though, cause I wanted to put in one last order to Hallson's and they were out of Striptease, so Kiwi Full Monty won by default.

I was and still am interested in seeing others out of this family, as well. Thanks for posting Obscene Gesture, hadn't seen that one at all.

Leaflover & Hillbilly, thanks for the pics! I am just loving these and I have a feeling my collection of this family will grow over the coming years.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

OK, I'm late to this thread, but I've been busy.

Not a Striptease sport but, rather, a sporting (and reverting) Striptease.

tj

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting that pic again of your 'schizophrenic' Striptease, TJ. I love that pic.

Don B.

10 years ago

Wow, tj.. Schizo sure is a good name...I LOVE it! Too bad it won't stay that way, huh? That's gotta be THE most interesting hosta I've seen - ever! There's got to be at least 8-9 variations of leaf there and I'm going cross-eyed looking for more. Cool. :-)

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Jo, it may not stay that way, but I betcha it'll have plenty of instability to it next spring, hopefully resulting in wonderful new weirdness, eh? : )

Don B.