Under viburnum

o
RE: Fall

Back fence

o

• Posted by Dgregory 6A - So.Central IL (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 21:18

Really nice gardens, unbiddenn! Even with some turning yellow, there are still several in terrific condition.

My eye always goes to (what I'm assuming is) Whee and it's rippled leaves in a garden. I think I need one...

The minis are cute among the rocks:-)

May I ask the name of the white edged hosta lower right in the first photo?

Thanks for sharing,
Deb

o

I especially like what you've done with your side yard. I have a similar side yard and I'm encouraged by what I see. Thanks for sharing.

Beverly

o

unbiddenn,

Welcome. Great name. Where have you been? That's a great garden with mature Hostas, well grown and just a little grass. Probably still shrinking that grass area. You are our kind of people. Hang around and contribute. Have you seen the Alphabet?

Steve

o

That is Wheee! I bought one for my hosta garden buddy because I was so impressed with it. The white edged plant, first photo, lower right is Patriot.
Lawns are overrated, hosta look more beautiful. Thank you for the compliments on my garden, my name, and the point in the direction of the Alphabet.

o

• Posted by jel48 Z4 Michigan (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 15, 13 at 8:08

Hi unbiddenn! I love your gardens! I see you're in WI. Are you in the north or the south part of the state? We drive through WI pretty regularly, going between the U.P. and MN. Lots of pretty scenery!

o

• Posted by jel48 Z4 Michigan (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 15, 13 at 8:13

Just checked out your Wheee! What a pretty hosta! My yard is pretty full and I'm not easily tempted these days, but if it weren't so late in the season, I'd have just ordered that pretty baby!

o

Always nice to take a look at new gardens, mature ones especially are grand. Hang around for the NEW Alphabet which will begin I think in December? I believe ILoveToGrow (Paula) has agreed to do it for the second year in a row.

So before yours all turn in for the winter, take the pictures and show us whatcha got as the alphabet proceeds!

And indeed, WELCOME, Unbiddenn.

o

Welcome to the hosta forum Unbiddenn! and thank you for sharing your gardens with us.

This love for hosta has to be the most insatiable hunger...for more! Such is the feeling when viewing others' gardens...i like the paths between your hosta in the first pic...your beds must have been luscious prior to the inevitable dormancy because they still look great! You have a lovely mature looking garden and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of your hosta varieties during the Alphabet in December.

Without a doubt, there are many of us who share your viewpoint..."lawns are over-rated, hosta look more beautiful". :-)

Jo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here