10 years ago

Under viburnum

• unbiddenn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Back fence

• dg
    10 years ago

Really nice gardens, unbiddenn! Even with some turning yellow, there are still several in terrific condition.

My eye always goes to (what I'm assuming is) Whee and it's rippled leaves in a garden. I think I need one...

The minis are cute among the rocks:-)

May I ask the name of the white edged hosta lower right in the first photo?

Thanks for sharing,
    Deb

• beverlymnz4
    10 years ago

I especially like what you've done with your side yard. I have a similar side yard and I'm encouraged by what I see. Thanks for sharing.

Beverly

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

unbiddenn,

Welcome. Great name. Where have you been? That's a great garden with mature Hostas, well grown and just a little grass. Probably still shrinking that grass area. You are our kind of people. Hang around and contribute. Have you seen the Alphabet?

Steve

• unbiddenn
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That is Wheee! I bought one for my hosta garden buddy because I was so impressed with it. The white edged plant, first photo, lower right is Patriot.
    Lawns are overrated, hosta look more beautiful. Thank you for the compliments on my garden, my name, and the point in the direction of the Alphabet.

• jel48
    10 years ago

Hi unbiddenn! I love your gardens! I see you're in WI. Are you in the north or the south part of the state? We drive through WI pretty regularly, going between the U.P. and MN. Lots of pretty scenery!

• jel48
    10 years ago

Just checked out your Wheee! What a pretty hosta! My yard is pretty full and I'm not easily tempted these days, but if it weren't so late in the season, I'd have just ordered that pretty baby!

• User
    10 years ago

Always nice to take a look at new gardens, mature ones especially are grand. Hang around for the NEW Alphabet which will begin I think in December? I believe ILoveToGrow (Paula) has agreed to do it for the second year in a row.

So before yours all turn in for the winter, take the pictures and show us whatcha got as the alphabet proceeds!

And indeed, WELCOME, Unbiddenn.

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

Welcome to the hosta forum Unbiddenn! and thank you for sharing your gardens with us.

This love for hosta has to be the most insatiable hunger...for more! Such is the feeling when viewing others' gardens...i like the paths between your hosta in the first pic...your beds must have been luscious prior to the inevitable dormancy because they still look great! You have a lovely mature looking garden and I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of your hosta varieties during the Alphabet in December.

Without a doubt, there are many of us who share your viewpoint..."lawns are over-rated, hosta look more beautiful". :-)

Jo