Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Changed and Unchanged

Posted by mctavish6 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 19:33

I haven't posted for a while but I have checked here sometimes. I've specially enjoyed the threads on color changes and which of your plants are still looking good. I know some of you don't like to look at the garden as its going downhill. This is one of my favorite times for taking pictures because of the color and the light. I over look the damage and see the color and also appreciate those that hold on so well. I hope someday someone will breed for the orange color that we have right now on many of the Fortunei's in particular.

I took some pictures yesterday. Here are some of them.

This alternates from a changed plant to an unchanged one. I think it's interesting that so many still perfect are the green and white ones. I wonder why that is?

10-8-13 (125)

10-8-13 (1)

10-8-13 1

10-8-13 (25)

10-8-13 (29)

Untitled

10-8-13 (120)

10-8-13 (106)

10-8-13

Untitled

10-8-13 (102)

10-8-13 (45)

10-8-13 (50)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Changed and Unchanged

Maine Coons rock! Bijou (my MC) sez hi to Bo.

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 13:31

Mctavish- Oh, my, how I love to look at your Fall photos. You have put a beautiful new spin on the way I see hostas as they go dormant. Mine don't do that so uniformly, just a few leaves on each one, but now I look at those leaves in a different way (and I'm not so quick to cut them off!).

-Babka

o

Pretty fall photos. I enjoyed seeing them and especially liked Olive Bailey Langdon. Just got one this year. I know what you mean about the green and white ones hanging on. I am amazed at my First Frost and how great it looks.

I am looking forward to see if I get some nice hosta fall colors. So far the fall coloring as been minimal---a few leaves here and there.

o

Great pics. It's funny, because my 'Dress Blues' has gone almost completely dormant, while my 'Olive Bailey Langdon' still looks quite awake. Thanks for sharing your pics, McTavish. My cat is still unchanged, too. : )

Don B.

o

Myrle, by alternating you keep the eye fresh, and I think it emphasizes the pictures as individuals. Good plan, lady.

Of course, I saw your new uploads on Flickr but your text here is educational. Always look forward to seeing your pictures.

None of mine are coloring up yet, although we had a couple of cool nights and mild days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here