Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Fall pictures

Posted by mctavish6 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 19:40

Here are a few more. Some pictures show a perfect one like Dress Blues or Incoming surrounded by those fading quickly. There are also several that are in the middle of their transformation. Some seem to change from the edge of the leaf in and some fade gradually all over. No wonder we love these plants!

10-8-13 (23)

10-8-13 (44)

10-8-13 (84)

10-8-13 (61)

10-8-13 (121)

10-8-13 (111)

10-8-13 (57)

10-8-13 (67)

10-8-13 (134)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Fall pictures

You are lucky to have such great fall color. When mine go they just keel over. Great shots. Thank you Paula

o

Your hostas are all looking so great this time of year, I'm jealous! Mine are so sad and ratty and bug-eaten, really pitiful. There's not a pretty one in the bunch. Glad you get to enjoy yours a while longer. Your pictures are beautiful.

o

Funny thing,Myrle;your hostas look better than mine,and I am in a higher zone! My Dress blues is a mess already,as are most of my hostas,and some of them are already disappeared. Nice pics! Phil

o

Lakeside Prophecy sure is an interesting plant. I love the colors of your Brother Stefan. I hope my BS will look like yours when it begins to change color. Thanks for sharing your pics!

o

If I had your view, I would never get a darn thing done!
Thanks for sharing.

o

Thanks folks. Those of you in the south have such different conditions and a much earlier spring. Your plants are probably just tired.

I think the weather brings out the color. A slow, bright fall seems to be the best from what I remember. I do have some that have flopped and look awful but don't usually take pictures of them.

As far as the view - I'm very thankful for it and I do have trouble getting anything done!

o

after 2 days of canning pears this was really relaxing to look at thank you

hh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here