Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name this streaker

Posted by jel48 Z4 Michigan (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 10, 13 at 19:49

Actually, this one is labeled and I even looked at the label when I took the picture. But, I have an awful memory, and when I look at the picture, I think I'm 'remembering' the wrong name :-) and it's dark outside now... Just for fun, any guesses? It's a leaf from a young plant that was transferred here five years ago. The leaves are 8-9 in chestnuts long. The plant is probably 3 1/2 - 4 feet across. I'll check the tag later, but for now, let's have some fun with it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name this streaker

Stargate?

o

i would call it:

H. 'ITS SICKLY, SEND IT TO KEN FOR OBSERVATION' ...

lol

ken

o

It's a beauty....when Ken is done with it, may I observe it for a few years too please? :-)
Is it H. 'Spilt Milk'?

o

It's hard to tell from the leaf alone. Do you have a clump shot? Can you tell us where it came from? Any flowering information? I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's got Dorothy Benedict in its background.

Steve

o

Jel, we are waiting here for the other shoe to fall. PLeeeeeze?
If it is Stargate, I have a lot to look forward to, although I'm told it is a sterile plant. I've never gotten excited about streakers, but this one is pretty.

o

• Posted by jel48 Z4 Michigan (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 13:45

melati is the winner! Stargate

He's actually out there still enjoying the chilly weather too!

o

• Posted by jel48 Z4 Michigan (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 13:46

Sorry to hold you in suspense moccasinlanding, we were away for a long weekend (fall color trip to the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness area) and I was just a little bit ago able to get out and check the label!

o

YEEHAAAAAA......

I have that one! And, it will be the keynote hosta standing there welcoming everyone into my hosta garden through the STARGATE. I love it when a plan comes together!

See, my Stargate had not a single streak when it arrived, so I did not know it was a special hosta. Now I know, and I am thrilled. Thank you.......I was holding my breath here. :)

Hope you had a lovely time in the Wilderness.

o

Moc... took this pic for you :)

o

Melati, thank you. That is a great looking Stargate you've grown. And, it's shiny too. Now I'm hopeful that my plant will emerge next spring showing its streaks too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here