Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnywood_gw

Beckoning changed.

sunnywood4bChazyNY
10 years ago

Love the way this HOSTA changes it's color so completely! I haven't figured out how to post more than one pic at a time. This one was taken on July 18

Comments (9)

• zkathy z7a NC
    10 years ago

What a beauty!

You can post a reply to your first post which will at least keep them in the same thread. I still haven't figured out how to post more than one picture per post, but I haven't tried very hard. It's my winter project.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

you post more than one pic per post.. by joining a photo hosting site like photobucket ...

move your other pic to this post.. and simply put DUPLICATE POST... as a reply to the other ... so its starts the journey into the ether ...

the confusion makes me think.. you are new.. welcome to the hosta forum ... come back often,... we are good enablers ...

ken

• vpeterson
    10 years ago

To post more than one picture, you need to store your pictures in something like photobucket or flicker. Then you copy the HTML code and paste it into you message. Its pretty easy.

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

Welcome to the Forum. One comment to your pictures. As the picture on your other posting also shows, you need to turn your pictures by 90 degrees. Look at your original picture in your photo editor's page and find a field which has little bowed arrows. Click on that and you will see your picture upright. Then save this change. Bernd

• sunnywood4bChazyNY
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The picture comes up in the right orientation on my iPad.

• User
    10 years ago

Here is your photo from the other post. I think pic orientation is a "thing" with iPad.

Deb

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Yeah, the IPad is kind of weird with photos. Everyone else sees it as sideways or upside down. Anyone with an IPad sees it as upright.

bk

• zkathy z7a NC
    10 years ago

The picture I posted upside down had something to do with the rotational aspect being locked on my iPad.
    Kathy

• User
    10 years ago

Beckoning changes colors too.....hmmmm, I did not even know there was a Beckoning, and now I want one. How quickly we all catch that fever......My favorite color variation is golden or light green midleaf, with a darker green margin....of any proportions.

I have a good reason for this choice. I believe that in our climate, the darker color on the margins keeps the leaf from fraying and gasping for water, since the edges lose moisture quicker. Or so that is my experience.

The ones I have with a white or light margin wind up burnt on the edges, and if it happens early in the season, it is really disfiguring. Of course, if that happens, nothing is lost if I simply set it in MORE sun, and see if it grows TWICE as big as normal a root system.

I have several which have chameleon leaves, and they are fun to watch.

If you can catch Beckoning every two weeks and give us the timeline for the summer, next year anyway, it would be most appreciated.